BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one on the left of the coolant tank - takes brake fluid, but not mentioned in my manual!

What is it for? Something to do with rear SLS??

Fun day yesterday - had ordered a new steering idler bush so intended to fit it ..... only to get under the car and realise you actually need two :nono: :hihi:

Also tried to change the fuel filter and the bloomin captive bolt has sheared, so that will need cut off!

Still, we spent an hour bleeding the brakes right through and the pedal feels much better .... still a little slack at the top though, so if anyone knows any good techniques for these cars please share!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Andrew - much appreciated .... I guess it is only on 3.8 cars, my early 3.8 has a 3.6 manual!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
The brake fluid is on the other side, in front of the brake cylinder and underneath the diagnostic port & positive cable connection.

I've got one on my early 1990 car too, so did my 6-speed 3.8!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The brake fluid is on the other side, in front of the brake cylinder and underneath the diagnostic port & positive cable connection.

I've got one on my early 1990 car too, so did my 6-speed 3.8!
I know where the brake fluid one is, spent the day filling it :)

It says "use brake fluid", hence I knew it was something else, just not what! Interesting your older car also has it, but then why the flip isn't it in the manual?? Bizarre they left it out :confused2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts