BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
If you want to save even more $$$ you could just refurbish your motor. There is a thread for that out there. I would've done so if I hadn't bought a motor beforehand. The only wear item in there is the coupler. I believe burkhart can sell the coupler and orings as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
@flacoramos hey man ive been struggling for two wholedays to put the damn oil pump in the actuator block to couple with the electric motor and i cant make it click! my fingers are literally black and blue and must have cursed a million times! is there a way to get this thing in? its like it doesnt fit in there! wtf! im going crazy!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Looking at the pics... I do remember trying twice to get the motor past the oring in the hydraulic block. A smear of oil was all it needed tho, can't imagine yours being that much different.

·
Registered
20 Posts
@flacoramos not the electric motor but the oil pump. it wont click into and couple with the motor? is the couplers long end supposed to be outside(toward the electic motor shaft) or inside toward the oil pump? i have everything aligned horizontally? maybe im just not getting enough leverage since im on my back. im stumped and beyond frustrated

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
If memory is right all of the coupler slides onto the pump protrusion, not just the shaft portion. The coupler itself has different ODs on each side and won't slide if backwards. Instructions call for the coupler to be installed onto the pump first and only then you connect the motor. Sounds like you're doing this the other way around. I'm guessing it's hard to get the coupler OD to align with the pump this way. Makes sense?

·
Registered
20 Posts
If memory is right all of the coupler slides onto the pump protrusion, not just the shaft portion. The coupler itself has different ODs on each side and won't slide if backwards. Instructions call for the coupler to be installed onto the pump first and only then you connect the motor. Sounds like you're doing this the other way around. I'm guessing it's hard to get the coupler OD to align with the pump this way. Makes sense?
I realized after ywo days of struggling with damn thing that the o ring supplied in the kit is actually thicker than the original. I replaced the original and it went it with little effort.
But now for my next problem, I tried to bleed the actuator block and i probably waited for almost 50 mins and it wouldnt change from "ventilating actuator block" am i being too impatient?
I should add that i dont hear the pump running? even after replacing the relay... I performed the clutch slave bleed with the screw loosened and when i saw fluid coming out i closed the screw. But the bleeding procedure says it failed. Should i try in INPA?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Who did you get the kit from? Which oring?

And yeah 50minutes without any action is too long. You should hear stuff happening when bleeding. Try inpa sure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not the smallest but the next size up. Shouldnt I have heard the pump running after i put the relay in? Opening and closing the door, i dont hear anything. I also do the accumulator pressure test and it doesnt work. I would have hate to have done all this work if its the relay again? i just assumed it wasnt because its probably a year old.

I got the kit from newparts.c o m

Who did you get the kit from? Which oring?

And yeah 50minutes without any action is too long. You should hear stuff happening when bleeding. Try inpa sure.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Still have no idea which oring you're referring to. The 'second smallest' doesn't mean much. Where does it go?

Browsed through newparts and only thing I found was the pump motor kit. But the BMW kit has all the correct orings so not sure what you bought or maybe you're using the wrong oring in the wrong location.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Still have no idea which oring you're referring to. The 'second smallest' doesn't mean much. Where does it go?

Browsed through newparts and only thing I found was the pump motor kit. But the BMW kit has all the correct orings so not sure what you bought or maybe you're using the wrong oring in the wrong location.
There’s two small o rings and two large ones in a kit no? The two small ones go on the oil pump? The kit looks like original bmw so I don’t know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Finally got the pump to run. Seems
Like you need to clear the codes first. I total forgot duh. Lol I replaced the clutch valve o rings and did my differential oil while I had the car on jack stands. Now the fun part of putting everything back together. Haha thanks for the help Flaco. Appreciate it.
Seems like this car doesn’t like inspection. Last time this year i had the thermostat go out and had to go crazy trying to complete a drive cycle for past due inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 53 of 53 Posts