BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have finally got around to installing IceLink Plus into my car. I have decided that install iPod in the trunk, and use Nav screen for display. I have added a mounting plate where the changer used to be. I had to install DAC as well, since I have DSP. By leaving iPod in the trunk, I have avoided need to run wires to the front of my car.

The whole process took about 2 hours. Everything worked great, except the Nav display. Once Tom Guagliardo, from Dension USA, sent me firmware ver. 2.06, display to Nav was activated. Thank you, Tom.

There are couple bugs in the "display to Nav" software, but it is still BETA as pointed by out Tom. I am going to document the bugs and send them to Tom. Otherwise, everything works great, and I am very pleased.

Also, thanks to Redshift. I found your pictures very helpful.

Next weekend's project : Blinder, V1 and Stealth 1 install. I have something special in mind for V1 & Stealth1

Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Arok,

looks good, I am going to have to follow in your footsteps!

I am from Toronto as well... did you source your IceLink locally?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CarbonBeast said:
Arok,

I bought it directly from Dension last December. Since my garage is too small, I had to wait for spring to get it installed.

Andrew

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CarbonBeast said:
Arok,

I bought it directly from Dension last December. Since my garage is too small, I had to wait for spring to get it installed.

Andrew

·
Registered
58 Posts
arok said:
Next weekend's project : Blinder, V1 and Stealth 1 install. I have something special in mind for V1 & Stealth1

Andrew
i am currently debating between the blinder and lidatek laser jammer devices, i know that this is a lidatek friendly board, and they also give us a discount, so i am very interested to know why you decided to go with the blinder?

i was leaning towards the blinder for 3 reasons 1- exceptional performance at sml's testing last year, 2- price difference and 3- lidatek doesn't stand behind their product as firmly as blinder does with the 'pay your ticket' guarantee (company confidence in product is more important to me than the actual $ returned to my pocket)

bryon :cheers:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oneway said:
i am currently debating between the blinder and lidatek laser jammer devices, i know that this is a lidatek friendly board, and they also give us a discount, so i am very interested to know why you decided to go with the blinder?

i was leaning towards the blinder for 3 reasons 1- exceptional performance at sml's testing last year, 2- price difference and 3- lidatek doesn't stand behind their product as firmly as blinder does with the 'pay your ticket' guarantee (company confidence in product is more important to me than the actual $ returned to my pocket)

bryon :cheers:
Hi,

I have read reviews of both products, and frankly, I believe that the two products are similar in performance. Since I am not in a position to evaluate their technical merits myself, I have decided to go with Daniel's (Beastpower) advice and purchase Blinder. There are couple really good spots in my area to test Blinder, since cops are nailing people there almost every day. Therefore, I will be able to find out, really quickly, if Blinder is reliable.

Andrew

·
Registered
58 Posts
andrew,

as soon as you get a chance, i would love to see some pictures of your install of the blinder once it is done. in particular, the mounting of the switch and the transponders.

thanks,

bryon
:cheers:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,

Be glad to. Hopefully, everything will be done this weekend. I will post my V1 & Stealth 1 pics as well.

Andrew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts