BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just finished your book Clement. :cheers:

You seem to have a fetish for ICelanders ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
volvov70r said:
I heard there was one (maybe more) Icelandic person on 05 Gumball.
I'm in Iceland for three months writing another book, and thought it might be fun to meet him. Anyone catch his name?
Concerning the book: can you give us a little preview. Like posting a few pages here, so we know if its worth ordering?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vanimal said:
Just finished your book Clement. :cheers:

You seem to have a fetish for ICelanders ;)
Ha ha! Had forgotten that! Yes and all things Icelandic - they are hilarious people - read more at http://www.ontheruntur.com

Did you enjoy the book?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I did enjoy the book. It was interesting to see how similar an experience we had although our vehicles were so different. Dunwoody sounds like a fun guy to spend time with as well. I love his attitude, except for his navigational issues.
What's amazing to me is how much I missed of the partying though. Most checkpoints it was all I could do to eat and pass-out fully clothed on my bed. You guys party like, well, Gumballers!
Good job!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bram said:
Concerning the book: can you give us a little preview. Like posting a few pages here, so we know if its worth ordering?
If anyone wants a preview - email me at [email protected] with gumball as subject and I will send you a chapter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vanimal said:
I did enjoy the book. It was interesting to see how similar an experience we had although our vehicles were so different. Dunwoody sounds like a fun guy to spend time with as well. I love his attitude, except for his navigational issues.
What's amazing to me is how much I missed of the partying though. Most checkpoints it was all I could do to eat and pass-out fully clothed on my bed. You guys party like, well, Gumballers!
Good job!
thanks Vanimal! glad you liked it and feedback much appreciated!
i kept bailing on the parties, was just too exhausted but fely had to give them a bash. Dunwoody's stamina was quite staggering though!
to be honest i reckon our choice of car helped in the fatigue stakes. it was easy to drive long distances being fast and comfortable and i think the big overnight drive was far less tiring for us than many others a) because we got to marbella so far ahead of most and b) the car was less demanding to drive in the dreadful rain we had overnight.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
R1mills said:
clement, is the chapter from the book your writing now?

sent you my email address anyway..:)
rob, no will send Gumball fans a chapter from Gumball book.
I'll send you a chapter from the Iceland book next month!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Also sent you my email, thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts