BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I bet it is a world record. Wait until they find out it lacks 4x drive and can't be driven in the winter!

Fart said:
Hi there,

Just wanted to post that that the local Icelandic BMW dealer just delivered 5 M5's to their happy owners.

I think that it must be a world record becouse of our small population.

1x black
3x silver
1x silverstone

·
Registered
149 Posts
You got that right. I have a 04' Silver Range Rover and the wife drives and 04 X5 4.4. My E39 wouldn't make it up the smalles incline in the snow.

Fart said:
No 4x4 needed.. Im driving an M-roadster, and just sold my E39M5.

RWD just makes the snow more fun than a 4x4.

But if it gets really snowy, I'll just use my Porsche Cayenne.

I bet the E60M5 owners have a SUV for backup. At least one of them has a X5 4.8is.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I think your 'record' has been beaten.

In Iceland you have 5 E60 M5s for a population of 280,000 which is equivalent to 1 per 280000/5 = 1 M5 per 56,000 people.

However, in åland which lies between Finland and Sweden, there is one new M5. The population of these autonomous islands is 26,000. Therefore the M5 density is 1 M5 per 26,000 which is half as common as in Iceland!

Here is the evidence:

http://www.aland.fi/alandinbrief/fakta.htm

Anyone beat that?! (those 2 E39's in Tahiti don't count) :hihi:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think that Åland has the record, because Åland belongs to Finland and the population of Finland is bit more that 5 000 000... There are 10-15 E60 M5's in Finland, i guess...

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
bernhtp said:
Do Iceland and åland have enough good, high-speed roads where the M5 can be fully used?

Tom
Depends on how you define "fully used".

As for top speed, no. The highest allowed speed here is 90 km/h.

But talking about acceleration & twisties ..... no problem here :)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Blue Thunder said:
As for top speed, no. The highest allowed speed here is 90 km/h.
What speeds do the laws of physics allow irrespective of the laws of the country? And for how far?

The discussions here about tickets, radar detectors, etc. obviously imply that the traffic laws can be stretched in a way similar to M engineers stretching the laws of physics.

Tom

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
bernhtp said:
What speeds do the laws of physics allow irrespective of the laws of the country? And for how far?

The discussions here about tickets, radar detectors, etc. obviously imply that the traffic laws can be stretched in a way similar to M engineers stretching the laws of physics.

Tom
Let´s just say that the quality of road building over here severely limits the stretching possible :)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
While I haven't been in Iceland since a child, I understand they have the most beautiful women in the world (per capita). My ancestry from my father's side comes from the Faroe Islands and Denmark.

Tom

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Yup, leave it to Gustav to find the "hot chicks"

·
Registered
454 Posts
Per capita of M5.....interesting. Only BMW owners would talk bout this.

I see an M5 everyday....not mine. My professor's :3:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts