BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my rear bumper repaired after a minor rear-end and I asked the shop about having my hood and bumper repainted due to rock chips. They mentioned that ICBC covers rock chip repairs, and that all I would need to pay is the $300 deductible.
Have you guys heard of this before? I did a quick google, but couldn't find any recent articles relating to this. There's also nothing mentioned on the ICBC site. According to the shop this type of claim is not openly advertised by ICBC very much, since alot of people would claim it.
Also, the shop I took my car to was No1 Collision on 3rd avenue. Was very satisified with the work they did, how quickly it was done, and was just impressed overall with the staff and their professionalism.
Cheers guys, happy motoring:M5eyes:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Yes ICBC *CAN* cover rock/debris damage. The kicker is its really up to them. A approved repair facility is only good for glass claims, but any paint claim has to go to a inspection facility first. From there the adjuster will inspect to see if its a legit claim. Also you guys should know, if your paint is damaged by a dumptruck or any heavy duty vehicle write the license plate down because they are not insured thru icbc, so as far as in investigation goes, if icbc can prove they were on the road at the time your 300$ deductable will be waived. I personally know of 2 people who have lucked out, but a couple people who tried to claim legitimate rock damage werent so lucky. Basically they were told there were more old rock chips than new and that their claim was denied.

Good luck, im waiting til after winter to get my windshield done!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I heard I would need to take my car in to the ICBC facility to have them approve it. Body shop owner said its not a claim they will approve on any car, typically just cars that are in very good shape overall except the rock chips that are being claimed, which makes sense. They're not going approve some POS that the owner hasn't taken care of just for a couple of rock chips up front.
Shop owner suggested I make sure my car is nice and clean inside and out before I go in to get approved. Come spring/early summer we'll see!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Id like to try for mine, but unfortunately i had a few prior so ill probably get turned down. I guess ill eat the claim and just pay for it myself. Windsheild i have to do. Starting to bother me!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Just remember if you go in enough times with claims etc. They may increase your premium due to your 'higher risk' factor. Just saying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts