BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bodyshop said it only needs a couple of hours of work on it (heat to reshape it, prime and paint).

Asking $400 local pickup preferred. This is a $800 cover new from the dealer. If there's shipping involved, i'd have to ask for your patience to source out a box to pack this in and perhaps see about greyhound delivering. I know Umnitza sells one for $350 or so but do not know the difference in quality. From what the bodyman told me this oem bumper is made well as it's double walled reinforced at the top for stability as how big the bumper cover is. All alongside the top it is pop riveted with metal supports to help maintain the shape as well.

Here are pics:

Damage:

inside view:

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sorry for the lack of detail. This picture shows the passenger side of bumper cover:

This is the affected area (you can see how the bumper is pushed back a little). it was a parking lot incident involving my co-worker backing into the car:

the inside of the affected area:

Let me know if you have any further questions.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thank you for the detail.
Can you tell me why you opted for a new bumper instead of repair. Did the body shop have concerns fixing the damage?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the detail.
Can you tell me why you opted for a new bumper instead of repair. Did the body shop have concerns fixing the damage?
They were surprised that they replaced it. The body shop wanted to keep it and I told them I wanted it back.

The reason why I had it replaced is simply because I had the option per the adjuster as the person liable for the damages was paying for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts