BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Owned for one week now. It's amazing how fast the time goes by when you take delivery. Before that, time seems to just stand still.
No regrets so far. :D

More pics here

Attachments

·
Registered
994 Posts
Owned for one week now. It's amazing how fast the time goes by when you take delivery. Before that, time seems to just stand still.
No regrets so far. :D

More pics here
Lovely. IB is a great color for the M3 and the silverstone interior looks great too. See you got the upgraded stereo. How's it sound?

Remember to get your amber reflectors paint matched, add a light tint to the windows and you're good to go.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
847 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

Added tint about 1.5 weeks ago.
Really completes the look and adds more aggressiveness.

·
Registered
40 Posts
trim?

I just ordered mine and was wondering if your trim is the (771) Titanium shadow trim that comes standard with the M3 coupe? Have not seen it in any cars, is it cheap plastic or metal? You like it or do you wish you had ordered another trim?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered CF trim. The titanium shadow trim looks pretty weak and mundane to me.
CF trim seems to be the least of all evils of the terribly-short trim option list.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had the 1200 mile service done last Friday. 8400rpm is divine. It is nice to have such a range when getting on interstates. Allows alot of flexibility.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Had the 1200 mile service done last Friday. 8400rpm is divine. It is nice to have such a range when getting on interstates. Allows alot of flexibility.
You might want to re-read your manual - you are supposed to gradually increase the rpm after the first service not go straight to full bore. It is a common mistake made by M owners.

Tim

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You might want to re-read your manual - you are supposed to gradually increase the rpm after the first service not go straight to full bore. It is a common mistake made by M owners.

Tim
From another one your posts. You seem to be on a crusade about this break-in. I have seen 3 such posts near the top of the 1st page.

I'm not saying drive it like your Grandmother, the occasional trip to the red-line isn't going to kill it, but the foot planted in the carpet won't do it much good.
Anyway, this is all I have done. Not redline everytime as you suggested above. It seems your condemnation was premature and unwarranted.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm not on a crusade, I just saw three posts on the same day from different people talking about going to the rredline straight after the service. I wouldn't do it even briefly for at least a few hundred miles more but it is your engine.

I thought it worth posting a warning which I have made a sticky. I know lots of owners of E46 M3s that had engines blow up because they didn't run them in properly.

Talking of premature and unwarrented condemnation, what about the time you told me that I couldn't listen to Logic 7 on an M3 AFTER I had booked an appointment with a salesman, one that always scores in the high 90s on his BMW product knowledge testing, and had checked that both cars were still in stock. - I'm still waiting for that apology.

Gustav made me a moderator because my M product knowledge is so good, and I thoroughly research any information before posting. Please don't continue to pick a fight with me, I'm here to help.

Tim

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Talking of premature and unwarrented condemnation, what about the time you told me that I couldn't listen to Logic 7 on an M3 AFTER I had booked an appointment with a salesman, one that always scores in the high 90s on his BMW product knowledge testing, and had checked that both cars were still in stock. - I'm still waiting for that apology.

Gustav made me a moderator because my M product knowledge is so good, and I thoroughly research any information before posting. Please don't continue to pick a fight with me, I'm here to help.

Tim
Wow, had not remembered this one.
I did not know you were in Europe and you did not indicate that in your post. Then yes, my statement was incorrect for Europe, not for US.

Talk about aggressive, kees...
I don't see you asking him to be less aggressive. What gives?

I think you should choose your words more wisely when dealing with one of the more knowledgeable members of the forum. HiFi Professional with DSP IS Logic 7 - it is developed by Lexicon and is exactly the same system as I have in my M6, and while it is not available in the US is IS available in Europe. Do a bit more searching on the bmw.com website and then come back and apologise.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I big to differ. I put together a post relaying the fact that I had made an appointment to compare HiFi Pro with Logic 7. Your response was "That's incorrect, Logic 7 isn't available on the M3", which itself is incorrect.

Do you really think someone who has been driving Mcars exclusively since 2001 and has an excellent relationship with his dealer would make an appointment to appraise a product that wasn't available?

If the boot had been on the other foot I would have posted. "Are you sure? I was under the impression that it was unavailable on the M3 - I don't want you to waste your time"

BMWNA have a history of not making options available in other markets or packaging them up so that if you want one option you have to buy others that you don't necessarily want.

If you'd have paused for one moment to think that I might be in a different market you'd have never even have posted.

After I posted my mini capsule review you didn't even come back and make comment.

Regarding running in, I was trying to be genuinely helpful, and the post had no relation to anything that might have occured in the past. It is a common misconception that once the oil has been changed you have free reign with the engine and that is not the case. With my first M3 I didn't go near the red-line until I had 2,000 miles on the clock. These are highly stressed engines and I personally know of several people who have had to have engines replaced because they ignored the running in instructions.

I made sure wherever it was mentioned that other board members were in absolutely no doubt as to the extended nature of an M engine's running/break in process. Think of it as a public service announcement. Don't forget you didn't say that you'd briefly been up to the redline, you were posting how much better the performance was at 8,400 rpm on fast roads. What impression would you have taken away if you'd have read that post from someone else?

Let's draw a line under this. I've got a wealth of experience when it comes to M cars, and I'm more than happy to share it with you.

Tim

·
Administrator
8,801 Posts
Let's draw a line under this. I've got a wealth of experience when it comes to M cars, and I'm more than happy to share it with you.
Let's leave it at that and continue with a positive and constructive discussion.

I don't care who said what to whom when. If there's anymore bickering I'm going to just issue temporary bans...this is not the place for aggressive discussions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts