BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed IATS Kit today. Relocated IATS to just before the filter box. Immediately have the SES light. Thought I had wired it wrong however a pinout of my connections showed that I correctly connected them. I also tapped the brown ground wire(2 brown to IATS wire) correctly. Autozone scan tool doesnt work so I cant pull codes. The car seems to run fine however this really bothers me. any Idea of what could be the problem.

The only issue I ran into earlier was that the hole I drilled for some reason is not allowing the probe to seat properly. Could a leak there be the cause of this problem? Please let me know, however after nriefly driving it, it seems as if my exhaust is warmer than usual as you could hear the cats and exhuast crackling.

Please help!

Lee

B

·
0 Posts
phxgunner said:
Installed IATS Kit today. Relocated IATS to just before the filter box. Immediately have the SES light. Thought I had wired it wrong however a pinout of my connections showed that I correctly connected them. I also tapped the brown ground wire(2 brown to IATS wire) correctly. Autozone scan tool doesnt work so I cant pull codes. The car seems to run fine however this really bothers me. any Idea of what could be the problem.

The only issue I ran into earlier was that the hole I drilled for some reason is not allowing the probe to seat properly. Could a leak there be the cause of this problem? Please let me know, however after nriefly driving it, it seems as if my exhaust is warmer than usual as you could hear the cats and exhuast crackling.

Please help!

Lee
We recommend that you send an e-mail to: [email protected].

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Banned
386 Posts
check ur wiring.... I did the same thing... I tap the wrong wire and my ses light came on...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All fixed. Turned out the sensor that I relocated to the base of the airbox was not sealing properly. its all fixed. BTW UF motorsports rocks! The best customer service I have evert experienced!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts