BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess what...it weighed in at 4505 pounds with a half tank of fuel at the track. I still managed to pull off a [email protected] though. But my 60' was still a 1.939. I am confident if I weighed less myself and could get a 1.7 60' I could break 12.4. Oh well, I am happy with that considering I have exhaust cans that apparently lose power and I am stock apart from that lol. Oh and also weighing in as a heavy weight, I can't complain with that time. Considering this I think a stock M6 with stock tires should be able to run a 12.0-12.1 with a good driver and good track. Even an 11.9 with slicks or drag radials imo.

Here is a vid or two if anyone is interested :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks for posting your results and videos. Heck you can't weight that much since published curb weight is 4398. Unless the truth is your wife was the actual driver. From previous posts with pics she's around the 100 pound mark.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting your results and videos. Heck you can't weight that much since published curb weight is 4398. Unless the truth is your wife was the actual driver. From previous posts with pics she's around the 100 pound mark.
Oh...forgot to mention that was without me on the scales lol

I want her to drive so I can say its a 12.5 car haha

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense to me now.
By the way be careful what you wish for. I shouldn't admit this but here it goes. At the M driving experience this summer she beat me as well as 6 other guys (she was the only female that day) in the time driving course at the end of the day. She got me by 0.02 of a second. The one time better than hers was 0.1 seconds.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Was the track wet or are my eyes screwing with me?

-b.

Guess what...it weighed in at 4505 pounds with a half tank of fuel at the track. I still managed to pull off a [email protected] though. But my 60' was still a 1.939. I am confident if I weighed less myself and could get a 1.7 60' I could break 12.4. Oh well, I am happy with that considering I have exhaust cans that apparently lose power and I am stock apart from that lol. Oh and also weighing in as a heavy weight, I can't complain with that time. Considering this I think a stock M6 with stock tires should be able to run a 12.0-12.1 with a good driver and good track. Even an 11.9 with slicks or drag radials imo.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
What exhaust are you using?
Sounds really GREAT!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Very nice vid lovin the sound! Shame we do have such heavy cars but that's the price to pay I guess for top notch quality!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense to me now.
By the way be careful what you wish for. I shouldn't admit this but here it goes. At the M driving experience this summer she beat me as well as 6 other guys (she was the only female that day) in the time driving course at the end of the day. She got me by 0.02 of a second. The one time better than hers was 0.1 seconds.
LOL that is awesome! I am sure my wife would love it if she beat me on the track :goldcup: Hopefully she will learn soon too. That would be awesome to surprise people haha

Jay55 I just spun the crap off of them...didn't burn them because they are stock PS2's. Unless you have slicks or Drag Radials I have never had a better time burning stock tires before a run. But might be just the driver haha

Carrisco...I think your eyes are screwing with you. Wasn't wet, but could be the angle of the camera maybe?

Exhaust is Meisterschaft GT2 race exhaust. Minus the resonator, but still have the cats. I love the sound of it too, thanks :grinyes:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Nice runs , the sound is awesome .

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah, so that's where you have been (at the strip)!

Thanks for the videos. I see Porky the Pig dug out nicely in the second video. I'm sure the other driver was wondering what happened if he'd been told that M6s are not good out of the hole.
haha thanks....I managed 1.9 60's, so I am pretty happy with that on street tires. Are they ever going to build a drag strip on Oahu:eek:h:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
haha thanks....I managed 1.9 60's, so I am pretty happy with that on street tires. Are they ever going to build a drag strip on Oahu:eek:h:
They used to have a combination drag strip / race track (Hawaii Raceway Park) but it shut down a few years ago. Their lease was not renewed. So there is only street racing these days :eek:h:

There are people who are trying to drum up interest and support for another track but with land and insurance costs, prospects don't look good. There is drag strip on Maui at an old airfield I believe.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They used to have a combination drag strip / race track (Hawaii Raceway Park) but it shut down a few years ago. Their lease was not renewed. So there is only street racing these days :eek:h:

There are people who are trying to drum up interest and support for another track but with land and insurance costs, prospects don't look good. There is drag strip on Maui at an old airfield I believe.
How much to transport your car to Maui for a run :D

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
The "Superferry" only lasted less than a year, so its back to having you car go over and back on the barge. And the stevedores are notorious for abusing and banging up cars. At least that is their history, maybe they are better these days. But I don't want to be the guinea pig. When you move out here, I'll let you pioneer that experience!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts