BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2005 M5 that I can make calls throw but o way to stream my music, I have no faux or USB, what device can I buy that will work efficiently when it comes to streaming

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a bluetooth adapter/charger, bought from walmart. Works pretty good. You connect your phone to this bluetooth adapter and stream music, while setting car's radio to an FM channel that is shown in the blue tooth adapter.
You phone will be able to connect to car's bluetooth for phone calls and this adapter for streaming music. The adapter can handle phone calls also.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Do you have an IPOD adapter or CD player in the glove box? They sell BT adapters for the IPOD plug. GROM sells one that would replace the CD player. ROSKINC has a BT adaptor that you would add and then you would have to code your car for an aux input. I did the last one with limited success and if you want to try it I can send you the kit I'm not using. I'm currently using the first one but you have to change songs on your phone, the steering wheel buttons don't work. The GROM I have in my E38 is pretty great, a little buggy but the best overall.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a cd player in the glove box, you use Spotify so I am guessing songs would just keep playing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I use prime so I just let it go. When i get to a song I'm not in the mood for I have to skip it through the phone. If you look at GROM they have a device that replaces the CD player. I have one in my E38 and can't really complain based on mixing old tech with new. The steering buttons work to skip and replay songs. You can look and see if the car is already coded for aux input and add the ROSKINC BT adaptor? The coding adds a lot of complexity unless you know sowmone that can do it for you.

·
1,559 Posts
A CIC with combox retrofit is the cleanest, OE (almost) solution. Almost OE because it was never offered by BMW themselves. But it's the cleanest solution for sure. Not cheap either ($1k).

·
Registered
130 Posts
Checkout https://roskinc.com, He sells a bluetooth adapter that you can retrofit to the CCC fairly easily, just change the CCC input to AUX whenever you want to use it. Its cheap and you can still use the factory bluetooth to take/make calls. I’ve had it on my M5 for a while and works good and it has a very good quality sound for bluetooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
Checkout https://roskinc.com, He sells a bluetooth adapter that you can retrofit to the CCC fairly easily, just change the CCC input to AUX whenever you want to use it. Its cheap and you can still use the factory bluetooth to take/make calls. I’ve had it on my M5 for a while and works good and it has a very good quality sound for bluetooth.

Didn't know this existed. Will give it a shot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem is I am in the UK lads so can't really order from them. I don't have AUX,
I am thinking that these models plug into the cd plug and you then just select CD player on the idrive to stream ????

·
Registered
130 Posts
Problem is I am in the UK lads so can't really order from them. I don't have AUX,
I am thinking that these models plug into the cd plug and you then just select CD player on the idrive to stream ????
No, you’d have to code the CCC to have aux if it didn’t come with it from the factory. After that you splice the adapter wires directly into the CCC plug which has the aux input.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, you’d have to code the CCC to have aux if it didn’t come with it from the factory. After that you splice the adapter wires directly into the CCC plug which has the aux input.

Sounds. But technical to me, I need to find someone that can code it I guess first

·
Registered
144 Posts
For the money the cheapest method of integrated streaming music without coding would be an android screen replacement for a couple hundred that has bluetooth built in. Screen replacements are stupid easy in the E60.

The cheapest method period are bluetooth radio transmitters that plug into the cigarette outlets for a few bucks until you decide which way you want to go.

I went balls out for the full CIC combox swap, while not really wallet conscious at all, the updated idrive controller, modernization, quality, and stock appearance were worth it to me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sounds. But technical to me, I need to find someone that can code it I guess first
The coding is very straightforward for this one, someone with NCSexpert can do it in less than a couple of minutes. As for the installation theres a youtube video in the site explaining where to splice the wires plus the adapter comes with instructions.

I’d hit him up and see if he can ship to the UK. Can’t think why wouldn’t he.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For the money the cheapest method of integrated streaming music without coding would be an android screen replacement for a couple hundred that has bluetooth built in. Screen replacements are stupid easy in the E60.

The cheapest method period are bluetooth radio transmitters that plug into the cigarette outlets for a few bucks until you decide which way you want to go.

I went balls out for the full CIC combox swap, while not really wallet conscious at all, the updated idrive controller, modernization, quality, and stock appearance were worth it to me.
I will have look into the android unit asking as it keeps all the features I will be into that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts