BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

It's been a few years since I've been back on here. I sold my baby (02 M5) a couple years back when I moved to NYC. Ever since, I have been using a GSX-R 1000 to move around (motorcycle for those who don't know). In any case, I think I want to purchase another one now that I am out of the city again.

I don't like the new M5s. And if I did, I don't think I could afford it. So my question is this, I don't see many CPO M5s available, the only place I find them is on eBay. I want an 03, black on black with 20-30K miles on it. A buddy of mine picked one up for $28K! My main question is about the warranty. If I buy one that is out of warranty, where can I go to purchase another one? I contacted my BMW dealership and they couldn't give me an answer. I realize this is an older car, but I would like to have a warranty. All I plan on doing to the car aside from HIDs, is adding a Dinan exhaust system with a SuperSprint resonator (X pipe).

If anyone can tell me where to look and what the best way to go about the warranty situation is, I will greatly appreciate it.

Oh...and one last question. If I can't find an M5 to my liking, I decided to go with a 2006 Z06 or an 2003 996TT. I'd love to hear opinions on that as well, but I suppose I'll post in the 996 TT section (if there still is one). Thanks!! :cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
147 Posts
There are a few options for third party extended warranties. I got a bumper-to-bumper warranty with Warranty America through aaautowarranty.com. There is another thread that discusses all sorts of extended warranty options with reviews. Seach aaautowarranty and it should pop up. Good luck in your search and welcome back to the fold.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Where in the world did your buddy pick up a CPO 2003 BMW M5 with 20-30,000 miles for $28,000????

Perhaps he picked up a non CPO 2000-2001 with more mileage?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where in the world did your buddy pick up a CPO 2003 BMW M5 with 20-30,000 miles for $28,000????

Perhaps he picked up a non CPO 2000-2001 with more mileage?
Picked it up in NM, LeMans blue. It's an 03.

Wish I could find a deal like that!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's tough... I've been looking for a few months for an Imola Red on red sport interior with under 30k....

NADA loan value is 23,875 on an '02 M5. Plus an additional 4-5k for mileage in the low 20k range.

Bank will give me $29k on an '02 with that mileage, and $35k on an '03 with that mileage.

What a pain in the ***. Nada private value is around $36k for a mint '02, and $39k or so for an '03.

I could throw cash down, but thats my mod money for my two cars.

I just don't understand why european import values have tanked...

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's tough... I've been looking for a few months for an Imola Red on red sport interior with under 30k....

NADA loan value is 23,875 on an '02 M5. Plus an additional 4-5k for mileage in the low 20k range.

Bank will give me $29k on an '02 with that mileage, and $35k on an '03 with that mileage.

What a pain in the ***. Nada private value is around $36k for a mint '02, and $39k or so for an '03.

I could throw cash down, but thats my mod money for my two cars.

I just don't understand why european import values have tanked...
Good question. It is rough.....I may just settle with the Z06 or an older 996TT.

Oh....and I see you have a GSX-R 1000 K6. Sick bike! Had one, got stolen, now have the K7. :cheers:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Good question. It is rough.....I may just settle with the Z06 or an older 996TT.

Oh....and I see you have a GSX-R 1000 K6. Sick bike! Had one, got stolen, now have the K7. :cheers:
Even sicker... The K7 is an awesome bike. Suzuki really stepped it up IMO. They stepped up finish quality and fitment a lot even compared to my '06. I'm in on the next 1k as soon as they bring back red/black....

The Z06 and 996TT are both bad *** cars... If you can swing the Porsche and deal with two less doors I say go for it! They've already taken a pretty good inital hit value wise. But they won't come down much further... You can find a nice one with mods, and low- moderate mileage in the high $50s!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any interest in an 02 Jet black. Black/grey sport interior w/ alum trim. 37000 mi. Great condition new snow tires/wheels. Stock. Loaded w/ M audio/PDC/sunshades. I'm considering selling. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any interest in an 02 Jet black. Black/grey sport interior w/ alum trim. 37000 mi. Great condition new snow tires/wheels. Stock. Loaded w/ M audio/PDC/sunshades. I'm considering selling. Let me know.
Thanks for the heads up, I think 37000 miles is not all that bad, but I'm looking for something with less. PM me an offer.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Even sicker... The K7 is an awesome bike. Suzuki really stepped it up IMO. They stepped up finish quality and fitment a lot even compared to my '06. I'm in on the next 1k as soon as they bring back red/black....

The Z06 and 996TT are both bad *** cars... If you can swing the Porsche and deal with two less doors I say go for it! They've already taken a pretty good inital hit value wise. But they won't come down much further... You can find a nice one with mods, and low- moderate mileage in the high $50s!
Yep, Suk sure did. No more clutch problems, shifts like butter. But in all honesty, it's not that much different. It is more confident inspiring in the corners, that's a plus...but I don't see the need for the map selector. More punch punch up high, less down low....but that was an easy fix as soon as I ditched the cans and cat, changed the gearing, and got a custom tune. Saved over 20lbs. doing away with the stock exhaust. Anyway....(sorry for the OT)

Yeah, I always wanted a 996TT. In an ideal world, I would get an 05 that has every option available. But...that's about 80K at the very least. I took a spin in a Z06 the other day....OMG....the torque is just.....:eek:oohhh: Granted there is no AWD system, but damn, I had SUCH a blast behind the wheel of that thing. It would be my first American car.....perhaps I should be a little patriotic this time around? :applause:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yeah well I missed THE deal today.

Fully optioned '03 lemans blue with sport blue interior, and 14k miles.

Had exhaust, brembo BBK, and 19" SSR comp wheels.

How much? $32,995...

DAMN IT!

·
Registered
100 Posts
They list the car with a 5.9 L motor. I would be a little apprehensive about buying a car from them if they can't get something as simple as the engine size right.

Price does sound good but with out having the car checked out properly it could have been a lemon. Prices are only going one way on M5s so I am sure another one will come along soon.

Rob.

·
Registered
247 Posts
True. Common mistake though. 4.9L or 5.0L. It's listed among many places differently. Probably just a typo... Guy probably picked it up on the cheap as a trade straight up, or even at the auction. Made his quick $$$ and that was that.

That one only had 14k and the factory warranty... Hard to beat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts