BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody send me all the pieces needed please in black leather ... I will, in turn, send you a cute Christmas card each year for 3 years

·
Registered
782 Posts
I am in the process of sourcing parts and installing mine, I will keep you up to date on costs and if it is an easy DIY.

Somebody send me all the pieces needed please in black leather ... I will, in turn, send you a cute Christmas card each year for 3 years

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be greatly appreciated Rhino!!! I am interested to know what pieces were easy and which were/are impossible to find or were cost prohibitive.

·
Registered
637 Posts
What's the difference between US dash and Euro dash?
The US dash requires more padding on it per safety regulations. The padding is suppose to serve as extra protection and stop people from submarining under the dash in the event that they aren't wearing a seatbelt in an accident. The Euro, and apparently every other country except our received the dash without the additional padding. It has a more streamline look that many like as well as a storage cubby perfect for your wallet. Here is a very good link on the conversion and the pros/cons

Eurodash

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Eurodash

based on this link, leather parts/components cost $1,993.03 from Tischer - ouch. . .
Informative! :M5thumbs:

And Expensive! :eek:

I think I'll be sticking with my old "bloated" version. Nice write-up.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I scored a used one (non leather) for $400. As a big "interior guy," the Euro dash is the best mod you can do. More legroom for everybody (even people in the rear, since people up front can move forward like 3 inches more if necessary) and the lines flow extremely well with the doors.

I installed it myself and it was a day's job. The worst part was drilling into the sheetmetal on the driver's side.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I scored a used one (non leather) for $400. As a big "interior guy," the Euro dash is the best mod you can do. More legroom for everybody (even people in the rear, since people up front can move forward like 3 inches more if necessary) and the lines flow extremely well with the doors.

I installed it myself and it was a day's job. The worst part was drilling into the sheetmetal on the driver's side.
Mine will be on its way soon!!!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
The US dash requires more padding on it per safety regulations. The padding is suppose to serve as extra protection and stop people from submarining under the dash in the event that they aren't wearing a seatbelt in an accident.
lol so the safety freaks actually thinks this will help save lives? lol if it was cheap ( a few hundred) I would do it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Very sweet mod, though expensive. Might be interesting to just do the passenger's side or something.

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One of the top mods I've done without question!

--Peter
Peter - did you piece together the parts or get a "package"? If the former - how hard was it to source/price?

Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts