BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2003 M5 from Dinan in Mountain View, and I am loving it. I did the Stage 2 suspension, Dinan rims, CAI, MAF, front shock tower brace, headers and exhaust. I stopped short of the throttle bodies in order to add BBK in November.

I monitored all the great debate on other header and CAI intake options, but the Dinan quality and warranty won the day. While I am sure the other header options perform well--but the quality and truly thought out design of Dinan headers was too hard to resist. They are truly magnificent to look at straight out of the box.

Immediately I could feel the increased torque and power--there are times when it sure seems like more than 38 hp--the car just rocks. And the handling! Yes, even with the deal I got, it was pricey, but I have no worries about repairs if need be. My car has 19k on it, so I look forward to enjoying it for a couple years without messing up my extended warranty. I have a good relationship with my dealer--so what I have done shouldn't mess things up.

I really struggled on what rims to go with, especially since I love the stock rims, but I wanted the wider rubber. There are better looking rims than Dinan, but I couldn't find another rim that would fit the 275/285 combo. I even called HRE and they kept saying the 245/275 is what they would do. But--the Dinan rims I think look fantastic when rolling, coupled with the fat rubber and slightly lowered suspension, it has a great look to it in addition to the performance.

Thanks to Daniel at Beast Power for great advice, and to Dinan for cutting me a sweet deal. The car feels like it has been awakened!

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
Congrats on the mods! You're lucky to have Dinan so close to do the work themselves -- what a treat!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Congrats! How long did it take? I wish I could have seen your face when you first stepped on it :D

B

·
0 Posts
alpineblue said:
Thanks to Daniel at Beast Power for great advice, and to Dinan for cutting me a sweet deal. The car feels like it has been awakened!
You are welcome! We try to point people in a direction that is the best match for their individual needs and wants, even if it means losing some business to Dinan. Enjoy your beast!

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will post pics as soon as i get another camera--i just had mine stolen. Dinan took 5 days for everything. I don't have pics of the install--didn't think to do it. The car has a great sound to it--meaty and deep. It really sounds like it has more muscle. I stopped by a friend of mine who races Vettes and an M3, and on the way home I pulled up next to a guy in his recently purchased 2003 530i--he was diggin my car, kept pulling up along side me, then would drop behind me at the stop lights (I am sure to hear the exhaust).

Anyway--alot of fun.

Mark

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
All of the pricing for Dinan parts are on their website. The CAI is $2,000, AFM's are $1,200, wheels are $1000 a peice, and headers are $8,000. The suspension prices vary depending on what shocks he opted for, the Koni's are $900 less than the JRZ's.

Travis

·
Registered
931 Posts
I too did some of the Dinan mods. They were installed by my local dealer. I looked at the Dinan headers, the deales had a set they were trying to get rid of, but even at 1K off, they were too expensive for me. Good that you are enjoying all of the mods, I am too.

:cheers:

·
10,445 Posts
M5Kid said:
All of the pricing for Dinan parts are on their website. The CAI is $2,000, AFM's are $1,200, wheels are $1000 a peice, and headers are $8,000. The suspension prices vary depending on what shocks he opted for, the Koni's are $900 less than the JRZ's.

Travis
Dinan is having a 'special' right now, probably good thru the end of the month. Discounts in 10-20% range seem to be the going rate for parts. Good time to buy dinan stuff, if you're thinking about it.
Mike

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike is right--I didn't pay close to retail--still more dough than other options, but I love the peace of mind of superb installation, fit, quality, warranty, performance, resale...and so on. Us Dinan fans have justified the cost many times over. I am not tricking out an old Mustang or Honda where practically any header set would do--the M5 is a great car and I wanted top notch equipment.

Mark

·
Registered
330 Posts
HRE is always conservative on their wheels. They dont want problems or issues w/ people having rubbing problems since they are custom made to order and costly; if you wanted something more aggressive you have to play with the offset, should be plenty of info on this board if you want something aggressive for your wheel/tire stance.

Good job on your car. Nice!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts