BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For last couple days I have been getting the famous red cogs death on the i-drive on and off.

It would appear for couple second and then dissappears. My car has shifted fine until today.

The famous transmission failure showed up again and gone within couple seconds. But the car is now shifting a little rough.

So i guess my luck just ran out (30 month and 12k miles). I am worry about picking up my new M3 with DSG in the summer. It looks like any new transmission from BMW are not that durable.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
different tranny.....new one is a-ok

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
different tranny.....new one is a-ok
Let's hope :3:

Seriously, take the car into the dealer and get them to download the fault codes. It may well be a software glitch but then again look at what happened to me.... :1zhelp:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let's hope :3:

Seriously, take the car into the dealer and get them to download the fault codes. It may well be a software glitch but then again look at what happened to me.... :1zhelp:
I am dropping the car off tomorrow and see what is going on.

·
Registered
907 Posts
bet a dollar it's the SMG pump

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was that it?
They kept the car for two days and the ECU did not record any mul-function on either the transmission and SMG pump. I just got the car back on saturday. So far is has not shown up again. The car seems to be shifting okay.

Don't know:confused:. Probably need to wait until it really breaks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts