BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I was just dropping my M3 off at my mechanic's shop this morning, but I was in fact entering a veritable house of horrors. :eek:

Right there in front of the shop was a blue mass of twisted metal and shattered glass. It had a vaguely recognizable hood, so a gave it a 360 and, much to my horror, it was a destroyed Ferrari F575 F1! :crying: The car apparently only had 4000 miles on it. The driver slid passenger-side into a tree and bent the car around it. He said that the owner's Insurance had totaled it and paid out $240,000 to settle.

In the back, there were two SL55s and a Porsche 911 Turbo, with various body panels missing, waiting to be worked on as well as a BMW 645i (2000 miles on the clock) shell (the entire interior was stripped out) that he was restoring the body panels on.

Truely traumatic experience.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Which shop in Houston do you use?

I've been using Texas-German Autohaus, but they are getting really expensive lately, so I'm planning on trying out other shops.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
maq said:
Which shop in Houston do you use?

I've been using Texas-German Autohaus, but they are getting really expensive lately, so I'm planning on trying out other shops.
I go to Matthew's Auto on Montgomery St. (northwest of town, near the Shepherd Dr. - I-45 intersection). Their prices seem reasonable and they give me the BMW CCA discount on parts and labor (I am a member). I generally source as many parts as I can myself, though. They default to Advantage BMW parts dept., so the prices are only so-so. I can get parts cheaper myself from BMW Autoparts.

The bonus at Matthews is that the head mechanic, David, is german, so he can read all the labels and stuff on my M5 :D . He also used to have an E34 M5 that he rebuilt, so he is familiar with the ins and outs of the car.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Gop-Dogg said:
I go to Matthew's Auto on Montgomery St. (northwest of town, near the Shepherd Dr. - I-45 intersection). Their prices seem reasonable and they give me the BMW CCA discount on parts and labor (I am a member). I generally source as many parts as I can myself, though. They default to Advantage BMW parts dept., so the prices are only so-so. I can get parts cheaper myself from BMW Autoparts.

The bonus at Matthews is that the head mechanic, David, is german, so he can read all the labels and stuff on my M5 :D . He also used to have an E34 M5 that he rebuilt, so he is familiar with the ins and outs of the car.
Thanks for the info!

My guy at Texas-German Autohaus is German too, but he retired. I've been hearing a lot of good things about Matthew's, will definitely give them a try. Hopefully I won't see such horrible scenes there :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts