BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few things I've gathered by watching this board for 6 months or so. What am I forgetting?

* Get a few qts. of Castol RS 10W-60
* Get the TPC activated
* Get the key memory function activated
* Get the stereo configured (something about mid set to 40Hz and basis modulation high?)
* Make sure I get a CD-ROM for the Nav.

·
Registered
128 Posts
MWM, don't leave the dealership without having them hard-wire your valentine one! and of course, make sure your insurance covers the new wonder car. you will enjoy it.
michael

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Congrats! Here's what I asked of the dealer before she was picked up last week:

1) No "pre-delivery road test inspection."

Car was delivered with 4 miles on odo.

2) 2 bottles of the Castrol 10W60 oil in the trunk.

No charge!
(I know, it's only like 18 bucks, but still.. nice dealer in Tampa, FL)

3) Install universal transmitter with alcantara panel; activate rear airbags; order Nav CD; configure Key Memory to standard one-click driver's door, two-clicks all doors with chirp; if car comes with daytime running lights on, turn them off.

Done.

I wanted to hear the sound system myself before I changed it around, so I didn't have that modification done.
It was a great delivery, and everything went according to plan. Our salesman was great, and the sales team gathered around when the car was driven off the lot. You gotta love the enthusiasm!

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
All good suggestions, to which I would add:

Check the tire pressures! My dealer set them up pretty low. There is a significant tradeoff between tire pressure and ride comfort - at 34lbs all around (which is how mine came from the dealer) the ride was virtually identical to my '97 540i. I raised it to 39/43, which is still below recommended pressures - definitely firmer but not objectionable. I suspect 34lbs is simply too low for those tires.

Most importantly, go driving! You'll love it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts