BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I gotta a date with Willow Springs on March 2. A very, very private event, sorry, I would love to invite all of you. Anyways, what do you recommend? Full face helmet? Open face helmet? Full shield? Half shield? Any shops you recommend in the OC/LA/IE area? Any particular brands to avoid or drool at? What price range is reasonable?

I'm very rusty on the helmet issue, my last buy was back in 1990 when I used to ride my Suzuki Katana 600 to college.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I like a full-faced helmet on the track and an open-faced one in autocross, but that's a personal choice. No matter what, try a few on at a reputable race shop, and be certain it is a Snell 2010 rated helmet. Standards for motorcycles are not the same as those for cars so don't get a motorcycle helmet-- many clubs won't let you run with one either. For some good info check out the Snell site for info on Snell ratings, testing, etc.

Expect to pay $400 and up for a good hat... some are more expensive depending on materials (CF, for example). I happen to be pretty happy with Bell, but that's a pretty subjective thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts