BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Filthy Monkey said:
Guys, I almost at the point of getting rid of either my M5 or my M6 (most likely) to get a used Ferrari 550 Barchetta. Am I mad!? It is just soooo **** sexy!
keep all. My experience with ferrari's (Ive had 2) - is that they are in the shop every month.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Filthy Monkey said:
Guys, I almost at the point of getting rid of either my M5 or my M6 (most likely) to get a used Ferrari 550 Barchetta. Am I mad!? It is just soooo **** sexy!
One's gotta do what one's gotta do. Go get a human female mistress instead, probably will wind up being cheaper even if you factor in the divorce afterwards...j.k.

·
Registered
641 Posts
What a quality problem. Agree that Ferrari is a mechanical hassle but for those that can it is worth the drive. Be sure to have a back up vehicle. Enjoy yourself...And be sure to post the pictures of you new vehicle.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Ferrari is a maintenance nightmare!! Not that the e60 M5 hasn't had problems, but at least it comes a lot cheaper and with free maintenance! However you only live once!!! To be devils advocate here and don't take it personel, o.k.! The car looks a lot like the new Corvette! Good luck, I wish I had those problems!! :flag: ouich

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Filthy Monkey said:
Done the divorce, got the mistresses, but I still want the car!!
There you go, no need to wait, get the F-car.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Filthy Monkey said:
It's not really your fault. You've had the "sexy car" withdrawal syndrome for quite some time :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
That car is rolling work of art! If I only I could convince my wife it's practical. (Maybe I could strap a baby seat on the back of the car.)

You only live once. Do it. :cheers:

·
Registered
829 Posts
I can't do much about talking sense into you cause in the end it's your decision. What I can do is give you some advice. If you're going to get rid of either of the M cars it should be the M6. 2x 2 seater coupes isn't practical. So if you're going for the F550 then keep the M5 and get rid of the M6.

I still hate you for owning a M5 and M6 btw. :p

·
Registered
246 Posts
Get rid of the 6 for the Barchetta. However, you will get much better driving dynamics from a 360 spyder than the Barchetta.
Since you are the owner of M cars, I don't think you are someone who buys a car just for looks.

·
Registered
714 Posts
like you said yourself, keep the M5, get rid of the M6.
enjoy the barchetta for awhile.
you will probably move on to something new pretty soon anyways.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I don't see the point of two M's. Would you not consider an F430 spider before the Barchetta?

I'm on the list for one in May and it will be cheaper than the Barchetta my dealer had.

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
The point of the two Ms was to have one in Glasgow and one in London. I would love a 430 Spider, but I can't get one for 18 months. The Barchetta I have been offered is at a good price and considerably cheaper than a 430 Spider. It is also only 3 years old with 2300 miles. It's just not the most practical of cars as it comes without a roof so I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it anywhere in London...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Easy--trade the M6 for the F car--you only live once. You are swapping one two door for another. The M5 can be your people mover when you need four doors. I'm not sure how the London/Glasgow split will work out....if you only need 2 seats in either city, the answer is simple.

If you end up using the Ferrari on a daily basis, you might tire of it, especially iif there are reliability issues, but I understand they have come a long way since the 80's and 90's.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
31 Participants
MortenDK
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing