BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys,

I need help with where I should take my car for a dyno pull in Houston area.
I am not an expert, so I need to know some details on how it should be done with SMG Transmission, DSC settings, What Gear, etc.

I would prefer some shop that has experience with E60s!

All inputs are appreciated!

Cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
927 Posts
Guys,

I am not an expert, so I need to know some details on how it should be done with SMG Transmission, DSC settings, What Gear, etc.

Cheers,

Matt
Hi Matt,

Not sure where to go in Houston, but for the settings make sure it's in S6, DSC off, and do the pull in 4th gear. When you are putting the car on the dyno make sure the DSC is off. Your dash will light up like a Christmas tree, but it'll be okay.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Guys,

Cheers,

Matt

What type of dyno? Rollers or Hub?

After you mount the car (strapped on the rollers or mounted on the hubs), before ever stepping on the gas put the car into the following...

1)P500S
2)DSC OFF
3)S6

Once you start rolling, the car will throw every code in the book. Including ABS and Trans Faults. THIS IS NORMAL.

As long as you are DSC Off before the wheels start moving, you should be ok. If not, the car will go into limp mode and not let you turn off DSC due to the ABS Fault since the front wheels aren't moving.

This has been my experience on a mustang roller dyno. Good Luck.

EDIT: As Joe said, 4th gear pulls

Reactions: V10PWR

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you go to Motorwerks on 59S just outside of the 610 loop you can get a Eurocharged tune also. It is well worth it. There are a couple of threads where folks in different parts of the country are lining up to get a Eurocharged tune.

·
Registered
212 Posts
once the dyno is completed are there any issues with clearing codes from wheel sensors??? i.e rears moving whilst fronts still. Wondering if I would need to go back to dealer to clear codes...
My car clears up after about 200 ft of driving afterwards, and never has the dealer mentioned anything about codes showing up afterwards.

:wroom:

Reactions: V10PWR
1 - 8 of 8 Posts