BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got front end damage on my M5 and need parts for it. Does anyone have any or know wher I can find some? Please help, I need to get this baby on the road again.
Parts List:
>> Headlights & Fog lights
>> Radiator & Radiator Support
>> Condenser
>> Engine Oil Cooler (I might need it I have to pressure test the one I
have, it might be good)
>> Auxiliary Fan
>> Fan Clutch, Fan Blade, Fan Shroud and Tank
>> 3 Parking Sensors
>> Bumper and Reinforcement Bar
>> Fenders
>> Hood
>> Water pump pulley and Power Steering pump pulley
>> LH Air Filter Box
>> Head light washer nozzles
Thank You in advance
Dino S.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Wow, that sucks!

I would take a look at fleaBay for some of that stuff. Sometimes you get lucky. You should also post on the 'For Sale' section of this board, there might be someone out there with a M5 that got hit in the back and totaled who's looking to sell front end parts.
I'd also do some research on RealOEM.com and see what of those parts are interchangable with the 'regular' e39 5 series, ie 535, 528, etc. Again, you might have luck on fleaBay and salvage yards for some of the 'inner workings' parts, searching for 'e39' and not trying to find M5 specific parts.
A couple of parts suppliers sell M5 bumpers also, check Bav auto (about $400), umnitza (I think) and someone else.

Anything else, have to go to the dealer. If you haven't already, join BMWCCA and find a dealer that offers a CCA discount before you buy the parts.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

I tried looking at "fleabay" but all they have there are mostly knockoffs. I know the hood, fenders and headlights would be the same as any 5 series from 00-03, but had no luck finding that either and the places I did find are charging a arm and a leg to ship it. Well keep me posted if you come across something. Thanks again.
Dino S.

·
Registered
12,961 Posts
I tried looking at "fleabay" but all they have there are mostly knockoffs. I know the hood, fenders and headlights would be the same as any 5 series from 00-03, but had no luck finding that either and the places I did find are charging a arm and a leg to ship it. Well keep me posted if you come across something. Thanks again.
Dino S.
A couple of board members are parting cars, very reputable. Not sure what they have left. Check the "for sale" section...
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I've got front end damage on my M5 and need parts for it. Does anyone have any or know wher I can find some? Please help, I need to get this baby on the road again.
Parts List:
>> Radiator & Radiator Support
>> Condenser
>> Engine Oil Cooler (I might need it I have to pressure test the one I
have, it might be good)
>> Auxiliary Fan
>> Fan Clutch, Fan Blade, Fan Shroud and Tank
>> 3 Parking Sensors
>> Bumper and Reinforcement Bar
>> Fenders
>> Hood
>> Water pump pulley and Power Steering pump pulley
>> LH Air Filter Box
>> Head light washer nozzles
Thank You in advance
Dino S.
The radiator supports and the bumper reinforcement are the same as the 5-sries...
Are you trying to get all OEM parts?
Sounds like a little collison!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not trying to get all OEM parts and I was able to source a radiator support locally though they were out of stock on the reinforcement bar. I bought the vehicle damaged and most of the parts that the insurance company had removed have been tossed away including all of the plastic pieces on the front. I wish they didn't do that, but unfortunetly they did. So if anyone could give me detailed pictures of the front end so that I know needs to go back on the car it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for all of your help.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Someone backed into my M5 last year and i found that front end parts to be pretty reasonable, with the exception of the headlights.

I think it was $1100 for the front bumper cover, $700 for the quarter panels. (Thats cnd $$$)

I guess the fact that the 5 series was a fairly high production vechicle really brought the prices for common parts down.

I'm continiously surprised at the low cost of some BMW parts. The S62 and tranny are of course stupid expensive as is anything electronic, but as far as other mechanical components on the 5 series, they are the same price or cheaper then a lot of other cars.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has anyone used or installed the bumper that www.umnitza.com is selling. I am thinking about buying it, but I realize it is not OEM and I'm not to sure about it. Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
453 Posts
Parts List:
Dino S.
Hopefully I can help you out...

I have the used OEM fogs and OEM headlights (w/out balast)

PM me if interested.

JP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts