BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after giving it a great deal of thought I had a drive over to see Steve Mac and bought his E39 M5! I must be mad running two M cars but Steve's is a peach and he let me have it for a very fair price. Now where is that drink :biggrin: kinggf

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Now you can keep the e34 safely tucked up in the garage and use the e39 as a winter hack :haha:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Agh you lucky bugger.

I LOVE that particular car....

Have seen it make an easy 400+ on the dyno,
experienced 3rd gear pull from the back seat and
watched F1 racing on the t.v.
:)

Tis a great E39.
Happy motoring.. :wroom:

What's the Mac going to buy now ???
:1zhelp:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers chaps, I'm very happy about having bought it.

Steve certainly has looked after it and it is a credit to him. I'm sure he'll be very sad to see it go. He told me he could live without the E39 but not the E34. His loss is definitely my gain.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know the car and it's more relaxed yet brutal character, it will never replace the E34 but will make a fantastic companion to it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Congrats Dan!

I agree that the E34 and E34 compliment each other very well. Both have a very similar stealthy feeling with outstanding performance, but take a completely different approach. Sadly, I feel that the E60 did (and the F10 will) deviate a bit far from what I think an M5 should be... Hell, the F10 deviates too far from what I think a 5er should be.

Reactions: Monkey_Wrench

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Heres a couple of pics, Dan is getting a great car for a great price and both sets of ORIGINAL alloys and she will be sorely missed. The car was not the cheapest but also there were quite a few more expensive and the spec is great and she is clean

Good luck Dan and i hope you and your new wife dont end up arguing over the keys
Many Many happy miles Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Gangsta windows too.....will look great in the more posh areas of Hertfordshire!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Congratulations Dan and hope you are not too drawn into 'the dark side' ;-)

The E39 is a lovely big bus no doubt and hope you have many happy and safe miles in her. Really delighted you are keeping the E34 though of course.

Duncan

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Duncan,

I really cannot ever see a time that I will tire of driving or looking at or simply being in the E34. The E39 is a different animal entirely which I'm sure I will fall in love with for different reasons. I am in a very fortunate position to enjoy them both for what they are.

The E34 is going in for its interior refurbushment in a couple of weeks so I'm getting very excited about having that all in tip top shape, pics to follow of course!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Gangsta windows too.....will look great in the more posh areas of Hertfordshire!!!
Think Dan and I should be calling you tricky, u get me:goldcup:

Like Dan I am not a fan of the dark rear and light front windows(was discussed) but as the car came with the privacy and sun protection option she was evened out. I do like it sir I do;)

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts