BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told my dealer last week I would take the first new M3, which is probably over two years away. Hey, I tried but never could warm up to the E60 M5. I love the new 3 Series, though.

·
Registered
955 Posts
BKH said:
I told my dealer last week I would take the first new M3, which is probably over two years away. Hey, I tried but never could warm up to the E60 M5. I love the new 3 Series, though.
cool, but probably not first in Canada.
i've known few people with order of the new M3 for a while already. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
127 Posts
BKH said:

Cool, but first I believe they will have to release the 3 series coupe?

I find it hard to believe that they will make an M3 sedan?

Or?

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly, that's why I figure it's a few years out. There has been talk of a sedan-based M3 but I'm getting the coupe. The E90 platform is getting raves in the press; I suspect I wouldn't be driving the M5 much if I had a 400HP four-door E90 M3.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
If you get that thing, it'll be a monster of a car! I want a ride! :hihi:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It should be a sensational car. The only thing that gives me pause is the short option list that accompanies the introduction of a new M. There are always important features that get added in the next year. I spoke to the factory about this and they said (marketing speak) that they reserve the right to add value and refresh the model line as it matures. Fair enough, I suppose, but I've been through it three times now and it still sucks. Jason - you'll be numero uno to drive it but maybe you'll have your own by then! :M5thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts