BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Maybe if you have fantastic paint, which I do not. My paint BLOWS. There is nothing sexier than a black BMW though......

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe if you have fantastic paint, which I do not. My paint BLOWS. There is nothing sexier than a black BMW though......

It's a constant investment of time and money to keep it looking good. Especially living in Seattle....but when it's shiny and swirl free....jet black is best.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
JET BLACK FTW

·
Registered
128 Posts
When black is swirl free, polished, waxed, and during the first hour after it is washed, it's definitely my favorite color. When the "dust settles", white or silver now become my favorite colors haha. All kidding aside, black is the awesomest color, but it's too high mainTenance:(

I speak from experience(7 years of cleaning and waxing this)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Couple more crappy pics of my car. Carbon was my first choice but I've come to appreciate owning a black car again.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I agree 100%! :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Jet black looks really beautiful when clean but a PITA to keep up. My 540 was jet black however my M5 is silver and no I will never go back to black:D

·
Registered
933 Posts
No recent pics,

so gotta go with this. My DD in winter is a black 4Runner. I do not think that I can ever use the beast as a DD in the winter. I can barely stomach the road grime on the 4Runner, which means that I'd be hand-washing the beast 4-5 days.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I didn't want to take her out of the garage to take these - but weather be damned! Shiny!!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
This thread is painful for me. Beautiful cars, all of you. Like another poster my first choice was CB but I was so happy to end up with a Jet Black Beast. It is a very high maintenance color but it looks so good when it is clean that's it's worth it. I enjoy working on cars and found the exterior maintenance kind of relaxing. The constant comments on how nice it looked helped me to stay motivated.

And yes, another Jet Black Beast will find its way into my garage.

-Josiah

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
The best part is that Jet Black is also the fastest color! :hihi:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
:byee55amg