BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

I like exhaust noise

964 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ChrisR 
#1 ·
#3 ·
When I close my eyes, I see a '75-ish Chevy pickup with different color fenders, mismatched wheels, and a Confederate flag sticker in the back window.

Ever hear that term walk softly, but carry a big stick?
>>>

When I close my eyes, I picture a dented white Willys with a black #8 painted on it as it flys by the grandstand on the dirt track set up outside the county fair. I can smell a mix of popcorn, gasoline, and cotton candy.

#4 ·
That's something that has to be installed to sound like that? It's your car and you should do what makes you happy but seriously...don't do it. At least not on the M. It deserves better than that. Just my .02.

#5 ·
This is not something I installed but in fact the weld holding the mount for the pre cat O2 sensor broke and after that, there was just a hole there until I welded it back on. I did have a fun afternoon making babies cry, old men swear, and children to run away.

#7 ·
To me, it sounds like a BADASS M5. I actually started my car witout the exhaust on, and it sounded wicked. Sounded like an M5 race car might sound like. But it would be very obnoxious for a daily driver. I was in someone's garage, never revved it past 3000 rpms, and I was setting off numerous car alarms around the neighborhood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.