554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sveinbjorn ,

Thxvm , don't really wanna sell it , but running 3 cars now getting too expensive .
My daughter will start to learn to drive soon , so I'm looking for a cheapo for her
to start with !!

Its an original Schnitzer conversion , I think it's a plug-n-play box , 231ps / 480nm .

Doesn't sound much nowadays with modern diesels , but back then was a quick car .
I've worried many a Scooby with it :byebye:

Chris

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
What a lovely looking car! And you've covered some serious miles in it.

From reading your post above it seems that you are not getting a similar replacement?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I bought my wife the X5 for her b-day in June , and since we've had it , she says her back
problem when driving has decreased because of the more upright driving position , so I've
started to modify the X5 with ACS goodies , starting of course with the engine , 265PS/550NM .

But it'll never be the same as the S5 , she's been my baby since new .
It was covered in Total BMW in 2003 .

Unfortunately , I have to move on , but someone will get a fantastic car that will keep on going
forever as long as they keep up the same service history as I did .
It's never let me down mechanically .
The only prob I've had was when packing up one journey to come home , and my daughters
had been watching the DVD , the battery died . Otherwise nothing except the usual E39 wear and tear .

However , I've still got the B8 to play in , I use it as my everyday car . 245,000kms . Might as well have
fun and use it .

Reactions: Andy-UK

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My baby's gone . :crying:

Off on her way north to Skandinavia , where so many great BMW's reside .

She'll be sorely missed , was the best car I've ever owned , no disrespect
to my B8 .

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts