BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At 97,000 miles and only 1 clutch replacement, I obviously don't beat my baby very often although, my baby might be into a little S&M because she seems to enjoy a good whuppin' now and again.:M5rev: :M5launch:

Anyway, no mods whatsoever on her but what a sweet ride these cars really are.

She's out in the garage right now breathing heavy like "Do me again like that, Do me again." :eek:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
There are only a handful of things I enjoy more than a hard run in your car on a warm late night. I can't wait for summer and the feeling of warm air rushing past you from the open windows as you climb into absurd speeds and the smile just gets bigger....

Travis

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
After babying my Jetta like a good little commuter car, she drives great 35k miles later. Funny though, as every so often when I lay a little rubber into second or off the line it seems to shift a bit better. Go figure, but cars, like a good girlfriend, like a little romping around after years of good care. How I love good cars and great women... :D
:cheers:

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Ain't it great? I also have high mileage on my car. Every once in a while I have the opportunity to have some fun - and it never fails to put a smile on my face. Last night I had such an opportunity - played at a jam out in Half Moon Bay, left there at 12:45AM, up Highway 1 for the 26-mile jaunt back home. This includes long straights, the windy, perilous, cliff-&-mountain-side section of Devil's Slide and high speed sweepers climbing up to 280.

The outside air temp was 39 - so the car had tremendous grunt. I had 100 lbs of amps and equipment in the trunk, and I had had a cupla beers in the last 4 hours, so wasn't really pushing hard. More like about 7/10ths - but the car is just so great in that zone. Nearing my exit in San Francisco I passed a friend who was also at the jam - I recognized his car. He had left at least 10 minutes before me. Not bad for a 20 minute drive.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
greg, that is a great ride. I remember when I was out aroudn Half Moon Bay several times with the Miata and the Boxster S. Those are great roads, esp. on the night with no traffic!

·
Registered
616 Posts
M5Kid said:
There are only a handful of things I enjoy more than a hard run in your car on a warm late night. I can't wait for summer and the feeling of warm air rushing past you from the open windows as you climb into absurd speeds and the smile just gets bigger....

Travis
"...I enjoy more than a hard run in your car ..."

:confused3 .... Hmm ... does he know about what his beast gets up to? :7:

They are a great car all round... sitting at peak since 1999... what more does anyone have to say!

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
M5Kid said:

Travis
Its quite the opposite for us down here! We cant wait for the winter chil cause the M5 breaths better and you can stretch her legs all the way without it running out of breath!

I'm lovin it these days, we have short winters and the beast performs amazing in temperatures of around 13 degrees celcius!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Ahmed,

Yep, all cars run better during cooler days. In my area, summer nights still dip into the high 60's F, which isn't bad air at all. The reason I like summer nights is because of the feel they have. I've always been a Summer guy, and I miss the days of running around the neighborhoods with my friends late into the night.

Travis

·
Registered
400 Posts
There are days here my old bones would kill for 13 degree C winters.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just got home and the car was reporting 8°F (-13.3°C) 50 miles West of Chicago. I am going skiing with my kids tomorrow, it's going to be cold but it still beats working...

The car breathes really well in this weather but traction is another matter altogether.

Regards

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I was going to brag today about my leg stretching.
It was a beautiful day today putting up the highway.
I was going up to Huntington Beach to meet up with a friend.
On the drive up a Pantera was getting on the highway and started to strectch its legs and spew blow black smoke.
It was fun to pull on him, after all I hate the smell of a rich running engine.
Italian Ford Ha!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts