BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, Yes, I know suede has it pitfalls in terms of maintenance, but, hey, it sure feels good:applause:. The shop did'nt have alcantara and I didnt want to wait for two weeks! They also didnt have the correct blue and red threads so I just used black. Feels sooo good. Its one of those cheap things that can transform your car!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Lovely.........

I'm considering deer skin ......it's just , the only ones I can find are all mangled at the side of the road and Melissa and the children get really upset when I start pulling bits off them !

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I prefer the Aristotle Onassis approach to recovering leather. Sperm Whale foreskin!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
I really like the suede look!!!

That said "reskinning" your knob sounds extremely painfull - EEEK!

Please keep us updated on the durability and wear and tear on the suede

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I really like the suede look!!!

That said "reskinning" your knob sounds extremely painfull - EEEK!

Please keep us updated on the durability and wear and tear on the suede
Ha Ha... I didnt get it. Yes it would be painfu:mad:l

But kiddin aside, the knob feels good! The suede on the wheel and the knob makes the car feel much more up to date and sporty. So cheap at around USD80 for both.

·
Registered
588 Posts
That seems great to me. Do they have to take the wheel off? Could be an isuue with airbag, otherwise I'm reskinning mine too

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That seems great to me. Do they have to take the wheel off? Could be an isuue with airbag, otherwise I'm reskinning mine too
Yup I had to take it off. But I guess it should be no problem to take your wheel off. Ask someone like Farrell on how to go about it. Taking the shifter was a little noobish for me. Normally you twist a knob right? Not with our cars, you just pull it up! Good thing I figured it out and didnt break my shift knob.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
FFS that is CHEAP

can I send you a steering wheel and have them do that for me too?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
"the knob feels good!"
Doesn`t it always? (except when sore after use):blabla:

"Normally you twist a knob right?"
I would not call that normal but everyone has their taste:eek:oohhh:

:rofl::sprint00:
Sorry, could not resist.

:cheers:
Sakke

PS. your knob looks really good i think.cheap also.

·
10,459 Posts
that looks really nice. You should start a side business reskinning these wheels!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts