BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
02 M5, 42k Carbon Black, Caramel Interior Warranty till 2/10 or 73k.

One question. The interior is not a 10 out of 10. I have noticed that all of the camel interior cars I have looked at were the same or worse. Perhaps the softer leather is more prone to getting dirty or worn. Is there a preffered method to cleaning this leather well? Any products recommended?

I look forward to contributing to the M5board. I have lurked a bit here on the board lately during my search for the right M5. My next post will have the corrected sig.

Now time to start detailing her. I also notice Carbon Black is prone to swirl marks. What a gorgeous color, but I forsee a lot of effort in keeping it looking perfect.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Holy swirlmarks, Batman!

Nice car, though. I like the color combination :)

As for the leather, do a search for leather restoration. There's been a thread recently with some members' experiences with different treatment methods.

·
Registered
836 Posts
very nice. seems like m5s are selling like hotcakes of late, and nice ones too.

looks like you have those blackout plate frames. yes?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Nice car- carbon black/caramel is a great combo. I went with TiSilver because it requires no upkeep.:)
Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Congrats!!! Finally you got the M5!!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Where did you get if from? What are you going to do about your 540i?

·
Registered
377 Posts
wow, another clean m5 recently purchased... nice find! its funny, how i only seem to come across two types of M5 either extremely clean, or beat-up...
I really only think there are two types of owners for the m5: the meticulous owners and the careless leasers :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Congrats - nothing beats carbon!

Curious why your front turn indictors (small round reflectors) are orange. Were those originally on the car?

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Congrats! And welcome to the club (finally!)

Great combo :thumbsup:

Now, get an M badge on that rear deck and you'll be all set...
:cheers:
Dave

Reactions: MarkQC

·
Registered
427 Posts
Congrats! And welcome to the club (finally!)

Great combo :thumbsup:

Now, get an M badge on that rear deck and you'll be all set...
:cheers:
Dave
Psh, debadged is the way to go ;)...actually, Dave is right. I've had mine debadged, and now I'm looking at replacement badges - it just looks better :).

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hooray! Another CB/ Caramel beast on the board. Good luck with the swirl marks and keeping your leather fed. Trust me - we all feel your pain.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Congrats bud!

Hey, change the car in you profile... you got it, flaunt it.

Read up on detailing- it isn't hard, the weather will be fine soon, and CB with a total refurb and zaino or wax will be jawdropping.

A

1 - 20 of 44 Posts