BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
There is a significant difference, I was fortunate enough that the dealer that I had do the install had a 540 (35% UUC) and 3 series (auto solutions) with short shifters. The throws with the 35% reduction were noticably longer.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Hi all, I've just installed my Short shifter 50% reduction - I have to tell you all what a difference. The trick was to loosen the tranny support and everything is basically by feel and touch. :noSMG: :noSMG: :noSMG: :byebye: :viking:

Hi,

I've had a UUC short shifter installed on my beast as well. Dumb question - I did not do the install myself. Not that I don't trust my guy or anything - but how can I confirm that it is a UUC product?

Thanks.

toolape said:
Hi,

I've had a UUC short shifter installed on my beast as well. Dumb question - I did not do the install myself. Not that I don't trust my guy or anything - but how can I confirm that it is a UUC product?

Thanks.

Did you look at it before it was installed? And given the stock shifter back, pretty easy to tell the diff if you just look at it. Lift the boot and peak.

toolape said:
I did not look at it before it was installed. Also, I was not given the stock shifter back. Call me crazy.

Anyway, are there any "UUC" logo's on it?

Pull the boot up, theres a Nut that will allow you to adjust the height, thats an easy way to tell if it's UUC. Then go back to the shop and get your parts back.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.