BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

I just order my UUC Evo 3 Short Shifter....

2K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Jayson 
I take it you got the standard evo 3? If i where you i'd call um up and send it back and have them do a custom 50 percent reduced throw instead of 35 percent and shorten the height a bit. B4 you acually put it in.

M5Racer said:
I've called the UUC and they told me there is no such thing as 50% reduced are you guys sure there is such a thing as 50% reduced? If so what is the part number for this 50% reduced short shifter?

I replied to your email, but it's a custom thing, you need to talk to Rob. There is no part number.

M5Racer said:
Is it the 35% reduction or 50?

unless you custom order,they are all 35%

mottati said:
i thought the lever was threaded and you could adjust the height yourself, but maybe i remember wrong.
Do keep in mind, the shorter the throw the notchier it gets, in general.
Mike

It is adjustable 3/4" from stock, you can however get it made shorter than that.

M5Racer said:
Hi all,I've just spoke with Rob and he will be making me the 50% version of the short shifter -- although, how can you tell the visual difference between 35% and 50% does anyone know??
You can't.

toolape said:
Hi,

I've had a UUC short shifter installed on my beast as well. Dumb question - I did not do the install myself. Not that I don't trust my guy or anything - but how can I confirm that it is a UUC product?

Thanks.

Did you look at it before it was installed? And given the stock shifter back, pretty easy to tell the diff if you just look at it. Lift the boot and peak.

toolape said:
I did not look at it before it was installed. Also, I was not given the stock shifter back. Call me crazy.

Anyway, are there any "UUC" logo's on it?

Pull the boot up, theres a Nut that will allow you to adjust the height, thats an easy way to tell if it's UUC. Then go back to the shop and get your parts back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.