BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I take it you got the standard evo 3? If i where you i'd call um up and send it back and have them do a custom 50 percent reduced throw instead of 35 percent and shorten the height a bit. B4 you acually put it in.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
M5Racer said:
I've called the UUC and they told me there is no such thing as 50% reduced are you guys sure there is such a thing as 50% reduced? If so what is the part number for this 50% reduced short shifter?

I replied to your email, but it's a custom thing, you need to talk to Rob. There is no part number.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I've got the Evo3 and DSSR sitting in the trunk along with a new clutch...hopefully all to be put in on Wednesday...but I'm not so sure about that date.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
M5Racer said:
Is it the 35% reduction or 50?

unless you custom order,they are all 35%

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
i thought the lever was threaded and you could adjust the height yourself, but maybe i remember wrong.
Do keep in mind, the shorter the throw the notchier it gets, in general.
Mike

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
mottati said:
i thought the lever was threaded and you could adjust the height yourself, but maybe i remember wrong.
Do keep in mind, the shorter the throw the notchier it gets, in general.
Mike

It is adjustable 3/4" from stock, you can however get it made shorter than that.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I agree with Jayson, I have the standard shifter from UUC and if Iwas going to do it again I would have went with 50%, Josh

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi all,I've just spoke with Rob and he will be making me the 50% version of the short shifter -- although, how can you tell the visual difference between 35% and 50% does anyone know??

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
M5Racer said:
Hi all,I've just spoke with Rob and he will be making me the 50% version of the short shifter -- although, how can you tell the visual difference between 35% and 50% does anyone know??
You can't.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.