BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay I was at the regional Bimmer party last Saturday and one of the members came up to me and before saying anything else, told me I was such a track whore--I'M HOPING THIS IS A HUGE COMPLIMENT :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Well fellow board members, is this just one of the many car guys sayings I've never heard?? Or was he at the bar too long!!!!

The night got even better at my table when I had to admit my M5 was my daily driver--all year long--I think having just to admit I owned an M5 shocked them to begin with HA HA HA

Thanks for the reassurance, I hope!!

Anita

·
Registered
212 Posts
Re: I Just Got Called A Track Whore--I HOPE THAT'S A GOOD THING??????????????????????????

If you drive on the track (and I know you do), then I'd take it as a compliment. If you just 'hang out' at the track, then the chances of it being a positive statement are probably much lower. Just my thoughts.:byee55amg

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
Re: I Just Got Called A Track Whore--I HOPE THAT'S A GOOD THING??????????????????????????

Anita said:
Okay I was at the regional Bimmer party last Saturday and one of the members came up to me and before saying anything else, told me I was such a track whore--I'M HOPING THIS IS A HUGE COMPLIMENT :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Thanks for the reassurance, I hope!!

Anita
I take this as someone who can't get enough--in this case, driving on the track. So in context, I would say it is a positive!! cherrsagai
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,316 Posts

Anita,
Based on the number of times you've tracked the M5...you should definitely take it as a complement :thumbsup:

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: I Just Got Called A Track Whore--I HOPE THAT'S A GOOD THING??????????????????????

Ooops, I got bumped OT--guess I should've used the word I did or been more relavent--sorry Gustav!!

FAST 5 said:
How about a PIC of yourself, so we can judge & compare the remark to the photo ??? :wroom:
Okay, smarty pants didn't you see the pic of "me" posted in the Z06 thread HA HA HA

Murph and Jerry,
Yeah, the person saying it seemed to be very happy to be saying that to me--it seemed like a postive thing, but I just wanted to be sure.

I get to hear some funky things out there though. My favorite conversation overheard this year was a discussion being held by a couple of guys behind me while we were running cones during a low speed autox--they were talking about how Elizabeth Hurley must not have been enough of a freak for Hugh Grant, etc, etc. Now my curiousity got the best of me and I turned briefly to see two older gentlemen doing the talking--how funny. I should write a book right? No no, I'll have mercy on you all HA HA HA

Anita

·
Registered
444 Posts

Anita:

I have only heard this expression used to describe a car that has had too much money spent on it, and too many things done to it, so that it is no longer good for much else besides open track days. This is contrasted with a full-out race car that must comply with the rules of a particular sanctioning body.

Women who hang around race tracks looking to meet drivers - and even better, sponsors - are called track [something else]s.

It sounds like the person who addressed this comment to you was affected by an impairment.

Hi, and happy new year.

Regards, Dick Roberts

·
Registered
842 Posts

Are you looking for an honest response? It may be that I'm a bit old fashioned but if someone called my wife, sister or daughter a, "Track Whore" I'd have to consider taking appropriate action. It's difficult to tell what action you should have taken, not knowing the exact situation, but perhaps you should consider how next to address this reprobate. Might I consider the following confrontation at your next big get-together:

First - Throw drink on offenders crotch.

Second - In a very loud voice proclaim to the entire room:
"For the last time, no I won't have sex with you! Now put your tiny penis away!"

Third - Walk away shaking your head while under you breath reminding him that, "Now that's how a Track Whore would act."

Just my advice - you don't have to take it.

Derek

·
Registered
1,980 Posts

A:Its a bad thing next time you see that guy kick him hard in his right shin.:7:

B:No! maybe this turkey is new to the sport and doesn't have his terms right.

C:I wouldn't worry about it, you must of kicked his tail and could be PO'd.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts

It was a compliment, and secretly he wants to sleep with you. hiha :M5launch:

So that makes it a Double compliment. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: I Just Got Called A Track Wh*re--I HOPE THAT'S A GOOD THING??????????????????????

Okay, thanks, I feel better!!! He said it in such a positive, loud and proud way (I think he's actually called me that before, and the husband too) but I just was a tad bit shocked by the saying and in public like that too--I know, I know I need to practice my snappy comebacks.

Anita

1 - 11 of 11 Posts