BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now if only I was in a position to buy this unicorn!

Imola Red AND a 6spd?! I wish I could buy a few pints for the original owner who ordered it new. Wow!

2013 BMW M5 , $76,990 - Cars.com

Reactions: Ricducker11

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Now if only I was in a position to buy this unicorn!

Imola Red AND a 6spd?! I wish I could buy a few pints for the original owner who ordered it new. Wow!

2013 BMW M5 , $76,990 - Cars.com
Wow - quite unique. I would have to see it in person, but I am not immediately in love with the color on the F10.

Don't get me wrong - love it on the E39 and I own one myself.

F10 seems to look better in a darker hue to my eyes. Maybe to hide how huge it is..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wow - quite unique. I would have to see it in person, but I am not immediately in love with the color on the F10.

Don't get me wrong - love it on the E39 and I own one myself.

F10 seems to look better in a darker hue to my eyes. Maybe to hide how huge it is..
I agree, but that is quite nice! FWIW, I think Imola looks better on the E39 ;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
The graphite interior is pretty rare too. I have only seen a few examples on the forums.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Why would you buy the 6 speed? The DCT model SMOKES the manual.......

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Sometimes it's more about the driving experience than being the absolute fastest performance. I too would chose a 6 speed. Actually, if I came across enough money to afford one, I could probably afford 2, so I would get one of each 6 speed and DCT!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Its amazing that something as simple as the color of the car can make a 2013 look like a 2003

The relatively "flat" shade that is Imola makes the car look, at least to me, much older and much less edgy. Somehow the color seems to manage to wash out a lot of the design of the car. I dont really like it. I love Imola on the E39 though, maybe this is proof that some things are better left in the past...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Saw similar Imola F10 - 6 speed at TF2014 this year. Stunning car

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
E39 and F10 in Imola Red
At TimmayFest 2013

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The DCT is boring and totally unrewarding vs. a 6spd. It does nothing for me. I had my friend's DCT F10 for a day and I constantly loathed having to keep flicking the lever when asking for a quick downshift over multiple gears, Ie. when I just wanted to do a nice 6->2 on an exit ramp or something. DCT ruins the "spur of the moment" fun factor. It's great once you're in attack mode as when on a track were you are going 100% for an extended period of time, and rowing through gears consecutively; but it's not nearly as fun when going from "cruise mode" to "quickly take down that ramp" for split second shenanigans.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Dang, that's one piece of work there... I'd had to say that's the first 6 speed manual I have seen on the F10 M5. They are very popular out here on this side of the town/community. Personally, if you have that much power you would think you would want to feel and control as well as having the experience to manage it how ever way you want to rather than just "paddle" shifters... Then again, everybody is different in their own way and are entitled to what ever works best for you! I'd have to co-sign for you and say that sure is one helluva unicorn!

·
Registered
743 Posts
The DCT is boring and totally unrewarding vs. a 6spd. It does nothing for me. I had my friend's DCT F10 for a day and I constantly loathed having to keep flicking the lever when asking for a quick downshift over multiple gears, Ie. when I just wanted to do a nice 6->2 on an exit ramp or something. DCT ruins the "spur of the moment" fun factor. It's great once you're in attack mode as when on a track were you are going 100% for an extended period of time, and rowing through gears consecutively; but it's not nearly as fun when going from "cruise mode" to "quickly take down that ramp" for split second shenanigans.
Very true! I notice this same "problem" when driving my SMG M3

·
Registered
750 Posts
I think IR looks great on almost all BMW shapes. Someone from Cleveland posted on the F10 forum about special ordering an IR F10. I wonder if this is his and it got traded already? Too bad BMW keeps updating the M5 ~1 year into production with it's last 3 iterations....Perhaps that was his motivation to sell.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I was actually wondering if this was the F10 from Timmayfest. I talked to the owner (nice guy) and it took quite a bit of work with his dealer and BMW NA to get them to build the car. What are the odds two guys did the exact same thing?

I would drive an F10 with the 6 Speed. I like shifting, and being an old guy, I'm not into all that new fangled techno autoshifting crap. They will always be slowmatics to me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts