BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

I just did my M5 InspII....

1039 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  hudson
I had a day off and knocked off the Inspection II on my M5. What an easy car to service, compared to my Fcars.

Changing the spark plugs was a bit painful.......maybe I'm getting too old as all those little ground wires were playing games with my eyes!!

What do I need to do to reset the service light? Thanks...........
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,940 Posts
Ingenere said:
I had a day off and knocked off the Inspection II on my M5. What an easy car to service, compared to my Fcars.

Changing the spark plugs was a bit painful.......maybe I'm getting too old as all those little ground wires were playing games with my eyes!!

What do I need to do to reset the service light? Thanks...........
I did mine recently as well, all was fairly simple but I agree the spark plugs took a bit longer than I would have expected.

Did you change the Diff fluid as well? Even though BMW (through Owners Circle) states that the Diff fluid is changed only once at 1,200 miles and then lifetime, every M-mechanic will tell you that the concept of a lifetime fluid is a bit elusive... It's fairly cheap, the only thing is that the dealer orders it in 50 gallon bins so you have to bring your own container (empty but clean bottle of Antifireeze should do it).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.