BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

I just did my M5 InspII....

1039 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  hudson
I had a day off and knocked off the Inspection II on my M5. What an easy car to service, compared to my Fcars.

Changing the spark plugs was a bit painful.......maybe I'm getting too old as all those little ground wires were playing games with my eyes!!

What do I need to do to reset the service light? Thanks...........
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2,090 Posts
From bmwtips.com

BMW insp. reset

- Iginition OFF (POS 0)

- Press and Hold the trip odometer button while turning key to position 1 (ACCESSORY)

- Keep the button depressed (about 5 secs.) until you see "Oil Service" or "Inspection" with "Reset" or "Re" in the display

- *Note: On vehicles with "High" cluster, you will also see the amount of fuel (in litres) remaining until next service

- Press the button again and hold for approx. 5 secs. until "Reset" or "Re" flashes

- While the display is flashing, briefly press the button again to reset the Service Interval. After the display has shown the new interval you should see "END SIA" for about 2 secs.

Note that if the "Reset" or "Re" does not flash, then you have not met the minimum consumption level and cannot reset.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.