BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got finished reading the Car and Driver comparo: BMW 750 Li vs Audi A8L vs Jaguar XJL. The bimmer finished third because of numb steering and chassis, but that's not the problem for me.

The BMW is THE HEAVIEST of the three cars by almost 300 lbs!!! Curb weights, Audi 4350 lbs, Jag 4270 lbs, BMW 4602 lbs.!!. What the heck is going on with BMW?? Since when does a BMW weigh 300 lbs more than the comparable Audi for cryin' out loud!!

I'm very worried about this direction and the impact it could have on the F10 M5. I'm really appreciating the response of my 115,000 mile, 4200 lb. E60 at this point. For some reason, it seems that BMW has made a corporate decision to significantly increase the weight of it's midsize and large cars. This doesn't bode well for a performance division trying to extract the maximum handling out of a stock chassis. This could be a dealbreaker for me if the car isn't as responsive as my E60.

·
Registered
54 Posts
this is why BMW is special ...!!!!

the INTEGRAL ACTIVE STEERING " and the others systems, like suspension with 4 modes, and others... make my 535d F10 have the same handling our better that my M5 E60... and is the third M5 E 60 I have...

Because is 160 Kilos more than the others but the handling is amazing... !!!!

this is why BMW is special ...

Please read my testimony on the post I put last night.. " INTEGRAL ACTIVE STEERING "... And visite " Will the new BMW M5 F10 be able to beat the new Powerkit / EngineKit 540 HP Porsche Panamera Turbo? " on the pag 4 and photos are there for my M5 E60 and the X5 M and finally visite " I buy one 911 turbo S…. first impressions.. " and photos from the cars are there to: porsche 911 Turbo S and the F10 BMW f10 535d....

Thank you.

CaetanoM5.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Just got finished reading the Car and Driver comparo: BMW 750 Li vs Audi A8L vs Jaguar XJL. The bimmer finished third because of numb steering and chassis, but that's not the problem for me.

The BMW is THE HEAVIEST of the three cars by almost 300 lbs!!! Curb weights, Audi 4350 lbs, Jag 4270 lbs, BMW 4602 lbs.!!. What the heck is going on with BMW?? Since when does a BMW weigh 300 lbs more than the comparable Audi for cryin' out loud!!

I'm very worried about this direction and the impact it could have on the F10 M5. I'm really appreciating the response of my 115,000 mile, 4200 lb. E60 at this point. For some reason, it seems that BMW has made a corporate decision to significantly increase the weight of it's midsize and large cars. This doesn't bode well for a performance division trying to extract the maximum handling out of a stock chassis. This could be a dealbreaker for me if the car isn't as responsive as my E60.
Have you seen the latest Roundel? They compare the 550i 6MT to the infiniti M56, and its not what you'd expect to hear from this comparison from this magazine....the weight is again noted as a detriment, here the difference is 348 lbs between the two cars, with the bmw as the overweight!!! The story ultimately concludes "the M56 is a little faster, handles a little better, brakes better, gets better gas mileage, and feels better from the driver's seat on a twisty road... those qualities would be enough to choose the M56 over the 550i"

·
Registered
54 Posts
not real...

the F10 when you have all this helping systems is amazing..

The truth is that the 535d F10 curve so fast because of Integral stering active than we realize and we have some lack of confidence because the angles of attack are different in the bow of a car without this system ... but believe that when we started driving very fast with this car it is possible to smell the rear floor of a porsche carrera 911's ( not Turbo ) cornering at 220 km / h as I did ... and the owner of the porsche did not know what to think ...

And I have the Porsche 911 Turbo S...

And for that latest rOUNDEL... please see others magazines like " 2011 BMW 550i vs. 2011 Infiniti M56 Comparison Test "..

That´s I only trust on the test make from GERMAN MAGAZINE " AUTO MOTOR "... they are Germans make a very impartial judgment.

Thank you.

Daniel.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I must to tell this:

One day I see on TV the test " BMW 335i 306 HP Vs Renault Megane 220 HP, with the system INTEGRAL ACTIVE SYSTEM " ( mine 535d F10 have...)

In one circuit the Megane is faster than our BMW 335i... in one LAP was 2 second´s faster... was not one magazine... was one TV test..

That Story is: if the F10 don´t have the INTEGRAL ACTIVE SYSTEM " is not the BMW we dream..!!!!! BUT if have... man enjoy, because make all the diference...

BELIEVE ME...

Thank you.

CaetanoM5.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I will admit I have tested the F10 V8 and it did not give me the same feeling my 530 or M5 gave me. It was plush and sweet but not sporty like I was use to. I do however think its best looking sedan on the planet :). Hopefully ///M will really change that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts