1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
HP is not equal to driving dynamics, handling and overall feel of car.. so much more than just sticking tons of hp (7L or 8L liter engine) and calling it a car.. No competiton actually since the new f10 M and this car not in same class much less a competitor..

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Impressive horsepower, but those kinds of numbers are for bragging rights and will likely not be as ego-inflating on the streets, where traction will be a huge issue.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Aw, you won't get banned. I went and drove the Hemi Challenger for *hits and giggles. Not bad but it's not an M5. In the long run those cars are not made for that much power and they will prematurely tear themselves apart.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Impressive horsepower, but those kinds of numbers are for bragging rights and will likely not be as ego-inflating on the streets, where traction will be a huge issue.
People spend most of their time racing these types of cars on the freeway, where traction isn't so much of an issue. They'll perform better than our cars, but that's it. At the end of the day, they're still going home in a Mustang.

Awesome car nonetheless. Anyone who doesn't appreciate it for what it is, well, is naive. $100k price tag for the 800hp version and NO warranty is stupid money for a Mustang. They need to ditch that 5.4L old *** engine and do something with the new Coyote engine, maybe twin turbos. Could get an easy 600hp with TTs for probably around $60k, with warranty. I'd rather have that with the flexibility to tune. Would be a dream for Mustang fans everywhere.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with a lot of the statements said but it's still intriguing. I'd still like to drive one when available. God knows I'm never going away from BMW.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The fact no warranty is offered is because they KNOW the car is going to tear itself apart.
I also suspect that the warranty both lowers the overall purchase price, and frees the owner to do whatever additional mods they want. And, yes, also a strong indicator that the company says "sure, we'll build it...but it will break, regardless of how you drive it."

·
Registered
195 Posts
as a mustang owner i would like to say that, getting the gt500 to 600 hp is a dayly accurance in my area. there is however no conparing it to an M5. they are two totally different beast.

·
Registered
249 Posts
So waddia think it would cost with a waranty? What additional mods could you possibly do? I'm thinking it must be just about maxed out.

The 5.4 modular engine used in this car will take 1,000+hp without breaking a sweat. Throw the 4.0 Whipple on there and you will be making right around that number too. Ditch the twin screw blower and go with TT's and you can see 1,200+rwhp in a fully streetable vehicle. Like another member previously said in this thread. It is pretty common to get the GT500's into the 700-900rwhp range and hold the power well.

As for the people saying that the car cannot handle that kind of horsepower without "tearing itself apart". Those statements just strike me as completely unfounded since I doubt any of you making those statements have actually built an 800 hp vehicle before, and thus know what needs to be upgraded to support the power. Those cars can take allot more power than you think. Also with a set of Mickeys and a good suspension setup you would be dumbfounded how much power you can hook while on the street.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts