BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wroom:

I picked up my black / black M5 on Thursday...it has taken me a while to post the news as I took it on a long weekend straight away. Just done 500 miles and definitely the best car I have ever had by a long way. I even managed to get 18mpg on the motorway which I was pleasantly surprised by as I thought fuel consumption would be my only minor gripe. I could not recommend the optional voice control enough either. Pics coming soon!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point - thank you - now done!

Yes I have used Sytners (City) for a few years and they have been great, although have not used their service department very much as I don't do many miles.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congratulations! :thumbsup:

The E60 deliveries are coming along nicely now... looks like our next London meet is going to be an exciting one :cool:

Looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Does Speedometer (in UK market) have both Kilometer and mile showing on it? If it shows both Kilometer and Mile, which one is showing on the outer circle as big letter?

Thank you.cherrsagai

·
Registered
547 Posts
507bhp said:
Does Speedometer (in UK market) have both Kilometer and mile showing on it? If it shows both Kilometer and Mile, which one is showing on the outer circle as big letter?

Thank you.cherrsagai
Looking at the 5th gear video (the car Tiff had was a UK spec. RHD)

--> KMH Inside, MPH Outside. (See Pic)

I'm sure someone with one in their hands can confirm this.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4rotor said:
Looking at the 5th gear video (the car Tiff had was a UK spec. RHD)

--> KMH Inside, MPH Outside. (See Pic)

I'm sure someone with one in their hands can confirm this.
This is correct

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Thats great- congrats! I have a question- when you say the best car- are you talking all around- or do you mean in terms of its sporting performance. I am trying to decide on whether to give the E60 M5 a try- the thing is I do not need a great all around family hauler type car. I'm more interested in if you think it will have the little things, the balance of attributes, that makes the E39 so endearing.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MEnthusiast said:
Thats great- congrats! I have a question- when you say the best car- are you talking all around- or do you mean in terms of its sporting performance. I am trying to decide on whether to give the E60 M5 a try- the thing is I do not need a great all around family hauler type car. I'm more interested in if you think it will have the little things, the balance of attributes, that makes the E39 so endearing.
I think a little bit of both. Unquestionably from an allround perspective. For instance, I just went on a long golf weekend - we had 3 guys, 3 sets of golf clubs, 3 sets of luggage and plenty of space left. The car was effortless, refined, quiet on the motorway and managed to get 19 mpg (although I am in the run-in period so I am sure I won't be driving so sedately for very much longer). Even with no full throttle and no high revs, overtaking was a breeze. Equally I am impressed with the level of ride and comfort quality - it is in a different league to a 911, Ferrari etc., i.e. it felt like I was in a luzury saloon, not a sports car which to be honest is great if, when you put your foot down, the car transforms into a true sportscar. The level and quality of equipment is also impressive. When you look at the M5's performance, combined with its level of comfort and quality, high standard and equipment, and its huge practicality it is a bit if a bargain :wroom:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts