BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well basically i know there is a lot of speculation going on regarding the design of the new 5/m5...ok I reckon it will look good and fingers crossed something like the autocar pics...at worst it will be like the seven..and take a while to get used to it..
heres a pic of what i mean.. It looks good..even though i havent been overly impressed by chris bangle..he must ahve a glimer of skill if he can approve the Z8..

all the best
Adam

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi Adam.

I really hope your right. I´m getting more and more used to the new seven. After seeing Brian Lewis´s seven (bimmer.org) and MEnthusiast´s grey I really started liking this car.

If the new five will look even close to the picture you have posted it will be a pleasure seeing it on the road. If i´m not mistaking the designer of the Z8 was a dane, but of course the final design would have been approved by Cris Bangle.

We all have to have some faith in BMW and just wait and see what "jewels" they will come up with the in following years:)

I don´t think we´ll be disappointed.

Best regards,

Mike-S, :viking:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, actually, the way I look at it, no matter what the base E60 looks like, the M5 will be lower, with quad exhaust and badass wheels. It will look great and sound great no matter what the standard sheet metal does.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
No question....as I stated in another post.....bmw has not let us down in the past and I feel that they will continue to please in the future.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it'll be the same as when the new 7 and Z8 were introduced. Most of the public took a few months to warm up to it and all the BMW fanatics adored it.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Bugatti said:
I think it'll be the same as when the new 7 and Z8 were introduced. Most of the public took a few months to warm up to it and all the BMW fanatics adored it.
Exactly, it's like a fungus......it grows on you....hiha hiha

·
Registered
787 Posts
MEnthusiast said:
the new 7 really had to grow on me. the Z8 is another story- IMHO it was a classic when it left the factory.
I agree with you on the Z8, instant classic. But I still don't the Q7. I'm looking forward to the first facelift... I hope the above picture of the new 5 will be similar.

Carl

·
Registered
11 Posts
i hope this is what the new one will look like...i agree with the statements regarding the public's eventual "warming up" to new additions. ya just have to get used to it, then everything makes sense...actually, i hope they change the rims...the spokes are getting boring...time to slap on a nice chrome wheel.

·
Registered
787 Posts
cdn_m5_boy said:
i hope they change the rims...the spokes are getting boring...time to slap on a nice chrome wheel.
I can't be BMW putting chrome wheels on anything.... It will probably be the new satin finish if anything. Chrome would be a warranty nightmare. Plus standardizing on such a flamboyant wheel would not be like BMW at all.

I for one wouldn't be caught dead with chrome wheels... But tastes vary.:)

Carl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
CarlT
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing