BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The M5 I recently purchased has the DICE hookup for an IPhone/IPod/ITouch. However, I do not own one. Any suggestions on what to buy? Admittedly, I do not keep up with Apple or their products. Since I have a BB, I doubt I will spend the money on an IPhone, so any suggestions on what type of ITouch to buy would be appreciated. I am leaning toward a used one on craigslist but really dont know what the going rate is for the generations/setups. What do you all have out there?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Unhook it and I will pay you for the DICE unit :) Seriously though, you will have to give more info as to what kind of device user you are. Do you know how to get MP3's to the device? Do you use your BB as an audio device? How much music do you listen too?

You usually get the largest (most memory) that you can afford. A friend of mine owns a pawn shop and I get iPods from him for a fraction of the new price and I have never had an issue with them.

·
Registered
913 Posts
You can still use your BB through the AUX port of the DICE box if you have music on it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unhook it and I will pay you for the DICE unit :) Seriously though, you will have to give more info as to what kind of device user you are. Do you know how to get MP3's to the device? Do you use your BB as an audio device? How much music do you listen too?

You usually get the largest (most memory) that you can afford. A friend of mine owns a pawn shop and I get iPods from him for a fraction of the new price and I have never had an issue with them.
Haha... well I have about 1000 songs on my BB and am pretty tech savvy but have never used an Apple products. I see used on ones on craigslist for about $150 (3G/8GB memory). I like to listen to music on long trips but for around town, radio is fine.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can still use your BB through the AUX port of the DICE box if you have music on it.

Ok, I will try this...eventually I want a dedicated device for music but this may work in the mean time. Honestly, I didnt even notice the aux port...just saw the I-device port.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I bought a used 8 GB ipod for $40 just for keeping in the trunk wth my Dice unit. For that purpose, it doesnt matter what ipod you get. They all play music. Just look for the price and capacity you want.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I would buy one of the newer supported units. I use my DICE with the original Nano (with the latest firmware version). It works, but is very finicky at times. I contacted DICE support and there are some known "issues" with the older units especially with the way that they come out of their hibernate mode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts