BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a rear end crash so since the insurance paid for the repairs I've decided to go for an M6 bumpers and the running boards, full set, all the brackets and supports. I found a guy on Ebay and I've asked him if he had such a set in sapphire black to match my car. He responded YES. He told me over the phone his parts are perfect, pristine , ready to install. He emailed me an estimate and I agreed on the price and sent him the money by Paypal immediately. This was on 7-26-2013. After a week I called him asking for a tracking number, he responded in a few days that he was busy packing some M6 motors but he would take care of it now. After several emails ( no response) phone calls ( no response) and many text messages which he responded to, NO MERCHANDISE. He told me stories and sent me pictures of his money because he was in NY buying another car, he sent me pictures of his forklift AND the new tires for it that he had to buy. He told me he couldn't ship my parts cause they scratched my bumper and he had to have it repainted at the cost of 589 dollars and he had to do it since all he sells is perfect. He promised all kinds of things trying to delay the transaction. Finally today 8-13-2013 I've called Paypal to freeze the money. As soon as I filed the dispute and wanted my money back he texted me he couldn't issue a refund cause I started the dispute and he wanted me to cancel the dispute so he could refund the money!. Paypal rep had told me to contact him and tell him to respond to the case that he still had the items and didn't ship them so they would allow him to make a refund. He never did. I've asked him specifically to issue a full refund. I told him if he does have the merchandise and if he gives me a refund he can still send it to me and if I receive it this week I would send him a cashiers check. He said he was a man of his word. He reads my text messages but he either comes up with a story to delay you or he doesn't respond. He's having some issues with the tracking company CH ROBINSON but I couldn't get the details from his agent. The tracking number he provided today is not valid and it's only his account number, not a full tracking number required by paypal. He is a member of this community and also a member of some other forums. He presents himself as a good businessman and a trustworthy individual which he's obviously NOT. If I won't settle this dispute with him this week I would like to ask the moderators permission to release his full name, address and a phone number so people are aware of this individual. I believe everybody deserves a chance to redeem himself so I hope he reads this too and he would change his ways. So we'll see. My total purchase was 3020 dollars.checkeredflag: Last minute message from him:" I was busy outside cutting up an M6 I will process the refund when I'll get home" it is midnight now.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Sorry to hear this.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Hello Greg.

If this is who I think it is, I believe it must be from misunderstanding or uncommon circumstances. If desired by both parties (and necessary), I would offer to mediate and get things settled.

I will send you a PM, Greg.

Regards,

-b.

I had a rear end crash so since the insurance paid for the repairs I've decided to go for an M6 bumpers and the running boards, full set, all the brackets and supports. I found a guy on Ebay and I've asked him if he had such a set in sapphire black to match my car. He responded YES. He told me over the phone his parts are perfect, pristine , ready to install. He emailed me an estimate and I agreed on the price and sent him the money by Paypal immediately. This was on 7-26-2013. After a week I called him asking for a tracking number, he responded in a few days that he was busy packing some M6 motors but he would take care of it now. After several emails ( no response) phone calls ( no response) and many text messages which he responded to, NO MERCHANDISE. He told me stories and sent me pictures of his money because he was in NY buying another car, he sent me pictures of his forklift AND the new tires for it that he had to buy. He told me he couldn't ship my parts cause they scratched my bumper and he had to have it repainted at the cost of 589 dollars and he had to do it since all he sells is perfect. He promised all kinds of things trying to delay the transaction. Finally today 8-13-2013 I've called Paypal to freeze the money. As soon as I filed the dispute and wanted my money back he texted me he couldn't issue a refund cause I started the dispute and he wanted me to cancel the dispute so he could refund the money!. Paypal rep had told me to contact him and tell him to respond to the case that he still had the items and didn't ship them so they would allow him to make a refund. He never did. I've asked him specifically to issue a full refund. I told him if he does have the merchandise and if he gives me a refund he can still send it to me and if I receive it this week I would send him a cashiers check. He said he was a man of his word. He reads my text messages but he either comes up with a story to delay you or he doesn't respond. He's having some issues with the tracking company CH ROBINSON but I couldn't get the details from his agent. The tracking number he provided today is not valid and it's only his account number, not a full tracking number required by paypal. He is a member of this community and also a member of some other forums. He presents himself as a good businessman and a trustworthy individual which he's obviously NOT. If I won't settle this dispute with him this week I would like to ask the moderators permission to release his full name, address and a phone number so people are aware of this individual. I believe everybody deserves a chance to redeem himself so I hope he reads this too and he would change his ways. So we'll see. My total purchase was 3020 dollars.checkeredflag: Last minute message from him:" I was busy outside cutting up an M6 I will process the refund when I'll get home" it is midnight now.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
...Finally today 8-13-2013 I've called Paypal to freeze the money. As soon as I filed the dispute and wanted my money back he texted me he couldn't issue a refund cause I started the dispute and he wanted me to cancel the dispute so he could refund the money!.
I'm not an expert, but once cancelled you might not be able refile a dispute with Paypal.
I have filed a couple disputes with Paypal, and in both cases the seller never responded and my money was refunded by default. Most of my eBay purchases are under $100, but there have been several hundred purchases.

Unrelated to your issue, but there are more M6 parts being listed on eBay. There seem to be some junk yards specializing in our cars.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, there was no misunderstanding . We've communicated very well when I placed the order. I liked everything and I was happy I've found such a professional person. My end of the deal is to agree on the price and pay for it immediately. His end of the deal is to ship it out promptly. If any of those details are off, the whole deal becomes uneasy. It could have been so easy but he made it difficult. Why? God only knows cause this is his business I can't tell him what to do with it. I honestly was going to drop a few more thousands with him. Glad I decided to wait till he ships this order. Now I have to pay the body shop 75 dollars a day starting July 26 for the storage of my car since they didn't do the work. If they do they only would clock me for 2 weeks. Would this make you happy? The insurance company only paid for 1 week car rental so I have to shell out rent because my car just sits there waiting to be fixed. Do you call it misunderstanding?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
No, I definitely would not be happy as it creates extra expenses and delays the repair. However, based on what I read in your initial post, it appeared that maybe emotions and stress could be entering the equation from both sides (which could ultimately create a situation where resolution would be more difficult to reach).

I don't have any hand in the basket on this one but I'm willing to help if needed. From your post, I understand that you just want a refund at this point and if you haven't already "escalated" the PayPal dispute, the seller will be able to respond to the dispute and process a refund of an appropriate amount. However, if you have already escalated the dispute, it's out of the seller's hands until PayPal makes a final decision.

-b.

No, there was no misunderstanding . We've communicated very well when I placed the order. I liked everything and I was happy I've found such a professional person. My end of the deal is to agree on the price and pay for it immediately. His end of the deal is to ship it out promptly. If any of those details are off, the whole deal becomes uneasy. It could have been so easy but he made it difficult. Why? God only knows cause this is his business I can't tell him what to do with it. I honestly was going to drop a few more thousands with him. Glad I decided to wait till he ships this order. Now I have to pay the body shop 75 dollars a day starting July 26 for the storage of my car since they didn't do the work. If they do they only would clock me for 2 weeks. Would this make you happy? The insurance company only paid for 1 week car rental so I have to shell out rent because my car just sits there waiting to be fixed. Do you call it misunderstanding?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not an expert, but once cancelled you might not be able refile a dispute with Paypal.
I have filed a couple disputes with Paypal, and in both cases the seller never responded and my money was refunded by default. Most of my eBay purchases are under $100, but there have been several hundred purchases.

Unrelated to your issue, but there are more M6 parts being listed on eBay. There seem to be some junk yards specializing in our cars.
I deal on Ebay a lot and I've sold thousands of articles so I know how the system works. Paypal already had frozen the money I gave him. What is bad that it's a domino effect cause he put me thru those extra expenses knowing the circumstances. I have no clue why he did it. I'm such an easy guy. I love to spend money and have a pleasant transaction. Actually I can't remember anybody in my life act as he does. Go figure...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I definitely would not be happy as it creates extra expenses and delays the repair. However, based on what I read in your initial post, it appeared that maybe emotions and stress could be entering the equation from both sides (which could ultimately create a situation where resolution would be more difficult to reach).

I don't have any hand in the basket on this one but I'm willing to help if needed. From your post, I understand that you just want a refund at this point and if you haven't already "escalated" the PayPal dispute, the seller will be able to respond to the dispute and process a refund of an appropriate amount. However, if you have already escalated the dispute, it's out of the seller's hands until PayPal makes a final decision.

-b.
There is no extra emotions. I asked him clearly to please refund my money. I also had told him if he refunds my money and he still wants to do business and ships my merchandise so I receive it this week I would pay for it with a cashiers check. I'm giving him a chance to clear his name. If he does it- he is a good guy and proves me wrong and I will post the appropriate corrections on every BMW forum in the world. And I will not under any circumstances mention his name publicly unless he leaves this unsettled. I believe he is a good guy but he went strange on me. We'll see if he is " a man of his word" as he states. As you guys can see I'm a very straight guy: My name is Greg Lecewicz as showing above. I'm not afraid to hide it. I do business as Presidential Pawn and on Ebay as Presidentialpawn.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I'm a bit confused. If you've filed a dispute with PayPal, it means that you are finished waiting for your merchandise and want to cancel the transaction and get your money back. If you still want the parts, shouldn't you cancel the dispute and give it more time?

Delays happen and they are very disappointing and often cause extra expenses as well. That being said, when such a delay occurs and you have reached the end of your patience, that's normally when you request a refund and file the dispute with PayPal.

I don't understand why you would head down the cancelation/refund/dispute road if you still wanted the parts, even if they were delayed by the seller?

There is no extra emotions. I asked him clearly to please refund my money. I also had told him if he refunds my money and he still wants to do business and ships my merchandise so I receive it this week I would pay for it with a cashiers check. I'm giving him a chance to clear his name. If he does it- he is a good guy and proves me wrong and I will post the appropriate corrections on every BMW forum in the world. And I will not under any circumstances mention his name publicly unless he leaves this unsettled. I believe he is a good guy but he went strange on me. We'll see if he is " a man of his word" as he states. As you guys can see I'm a very straight guy: My name is Greg Lecewicz as showing above. I'm not afraid to hide it. I do business as Presidential Pawn and on Ebay as Presidentialpawn.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm a bit confused. If you've filed a dispute with PayPal, it means that you are finished waiting for your merchandise and want to cancel the transaction and get your money back. If you still want the parts, shouldn't you cancel the dispute and give it more time?

Delays happen and they are very disappointing and often cause extra expenses as well. That being said, when such a delay occurs and you have reached the end of your patience, that's normally when you request a refund and file the dispute with PayPal.

I don't understand why you would head down the cancelation/refund/dispute road if you still wanted the parts, even if they were delayed by the seller?
I'm not canceling any dispute till he issues a refund. I don't trust him after all those stories. Here is a follow up: He texted me he responded to Paypal dispute and wanted to issue a refund. I just checked the dispute- HE DID NOT RESPOND TO IT. Why is he doing it? Another puzzle. As to me wanting the parts- yes I do. Since I don't trust him I can still do business with him this way. It's entirely up to him how he wants to handle this matter. I don't have my hopes up thou. If you've noticed I've never insulted him rather than I reported the circumstances. I wish we all would be given those options to remedy the problem. He is reading the posts he told me: So MISTER parts man , please bring yourself to resolve this quickly and amicably. IT'S SO EASY WHY AREN'T YOU DOING IT ? Do you really need your name posted all over the internet? The most important is if you're an honest man why would you like another person to suffer financially? I've asked you before : What have I done to deserve this treatment?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I'll offer a few final points that may help resolve this issue and then I'll back away.

1) You have 45 days from the date of the PayPal payment to initiate a dispute. In the case in which you still wanted the parts and were willing to wait a little longer, your money would still be protected and the dispute process would still be available to you. Once the dispute is opened, it needs to be resolved or escalated within 20 days. In your particular situation, the 20 days could be used to allow for some extra time for the parts to be shipped without losing the ability to get your money refunded (should said parts not be delivered).

2) If you've already escalated the dispute, the seller cannot ship the parts (assuming they haven't already been shipped.) Additionally, the seller cannot even process a refund if you've escalated the claim for a PayPal decision -- the outcome has to be decided by PayPal and they will take the appropriate action once that decision has been made (this can take up to 30 days for standard transactions and a little longer for complicated ones).

3) Your offer to still buy the parts after the dispute process has been ended will not work as it requires the seller to ship you the parts unprotected and is essentially taking the transaction outside of the Ebay/PayPal marketplace.

My advice would be to not escalate the PayPal dispute at this time if you still want the parts. Ask the seller if he can have the parts to you in a reasonable shipping time that leaves you enough time to escalate the dispute within 20 days of when it was opened (in the event that the parts do not arrive).

If you've already escalated the dispute then you just have to wait for PayPal's decision (which will clearly be a refund). As stated above, the seller cannot do anything for you once you escalate.

It sounds like an unfortunate situation that has caused you extra expenses and hassles but since the bumper was damaged during the packing process, it sorta falls in the "shlt happens" category. It sucks that it happened but it doesn't make the seller a dishonest or unethical person. Perhaps the communication could have been better or more clear (though I don't know all the details surrounding that).

That being said, I don't think the threat of posting the seller's name and address all over the Internet is justified in your scenario. You have not been ripped off, scammed or bamboozled. Even if you decided to carry out such a threat, I think most would see things for what they are: a delayed shipment that you were unwilling to wait any longer for.

At the end of the day, you still need the parts to repair your vehicle. If we're talking about the seller that I think we are, his prices are far below the rest. As frustrating and upsetting as it is that the parts didn't arrive on time, it will take even longer and cost more money if you order them elsewhere (not to mention the accruing storage fees).

Cool heads prevail. I hope things work out for the best.

-b.

I'm not canceling any dispute till he issues a refund. I don't trust him after all those stories. Here is a follow up: He texted me he responded to Paypal dispute and wanted to issue a refund. I just checked the dispute- HE DID NOT RESPOND TO IT. Why is he doing it? Another puzzle. As to me wanting the parts- yes I do. Since I don't trust him I can still do business with him this way. It's entirely up to him how he wants to handle this matter. I don't have my hopes up thou. If you've noticed I've never insulted him rather than I reported the circumstances. I wish we all would be given those options to remedy the problem. He is reading the posts he told me: So MISTER parts man , please bring yourself to resolve this quickly and amicably. IT'S SO EASY WHY AREN'T YOU DOING IT ? Do you really need your name posted all over the internet? The most important is if you're an honest man why would you like another person to suffer financially? I've asked you before : What have I done to deserve this treatment?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll offer a few final points that may help resolve this issue and then I'll back away.

1) You have 45 days from the date of the PayPal payment to initiate a dispute. In the case in which you still wanted the parts and were willing to wait a little longer, your money would still be protected and the dispute process would still be available to you. Once the dispute is opened, it needs to be resolved or escalated within 20 days. In your particular situation, the 20 days could be used to allow for some extra time for the parts to be shipped without losing the ability to get your money refunded (should said parts not be delivered).

2) If you've already escalated the dispute, the seller cannot ship the parts (assuming they haven't already been shipped.) Additionally, the seller cannot even process a refund if you've escalated the claim for a PayPal decision -- the outcome has to be decided by PayPal and they will take the appropriate action once that decision has been made (this can take up to 30 days for standard transactions and a little longer for complicated ones).

3) Your offer to still buy the parts after the dispute process has been ended will not work as it requires the seller to ship you the parts unprotected and is essentially taking the transaction outside of the Ebay/PayPal marketplace.

My advice would be to not escalate the PayPal dispute at this time if you still want the parts. Ask the seller if he can have the parts to you in a reasonable shipping time that leaves you enough time to escalate the dispute within 20 days of when it was opened (in the event that the parts do not arrive).

If you've already escalated the dispute then you just have to wait for PayPal's decision (which will clearly be a refund). As stated above, the seller cannot do anything for you once you escalate.

It sounds like an unfortunate situation that has caused you extra expenses and hassles but since the bumper was damaged during the packing process, it sorta falls in the "shlt happens" category. It sucks that it happened but it doesn't make the seller a dishonest or unethical person. Perhaps the communication could have been better or more clear (though I don't know all the details surrounding that).

That being said, I don't think the threat of posting the seller's name and address all over the Internet is justified in your scenario. You have not been ripped off, scammed or bamboozled. Even if you decided to carry out such a threat, I think most would see things for what they are: a delayed shipment that you were unwilling to wait any longer for.

At the end of the day, you still need the parts to repair your vehicle. If we're talking about the seller that I think we are, his prices are far below the rest. As frustrating and upsetting as it is that the parts didn't arrive on time, it will take even longer and cost more money if you order them elsewhere (not to mention the accruing storage fees).

Cool heads prevail. I hope things work out for the best.

-b.
I SPOKE TO PAYPAL REPRESENTATIVE and they specifically instructed me to tell the seller to respond to the case by saying he still has parts. I've informed him about it. He consented to refunding my money and he said he was a man of his word. The bottom line is : He's been using my money for 3 weeks and he's never done anything that was believable. I just checked the Paypal case- no response neither. So far it costs me over 1600 dollars between the storage fees and a car rental. He even texted me a message saying he would pay the storage fee. HE JUST SAYS THINGS that is all. Thank you for trying to mediate the situation but I don't think it's possible with your ( I assume) friend. I appreciate your time and effort but most of all he should call you and thank you for what you're doing for him AND maybe he would change the way he does business.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I SPOKE TO PAYPAL REPRESENTATIVE and they specifically instructed me to tell the seller to respond to the case by saying he still has parts. I've informed him about it. He consented to refunding my money and he said he was a man of his word. The bottom line is : He's been using my money for 3 weeks and he's never done anything that was believable. I just checked the Paypal case- no response neither. So far it costs me over 1600 dollars between the storage fees and a car rental. He even texted me a message saying he would pay the storage fee. HE JUST SAYS THINGS that is all. Thank you for trying to mediate the situation but I don't think it's possible with your ( I assume) friend. I appreciate your time and effort but most of all he should call you and thank you for what you're doing for him AND maybe he would change the way he does business.
PS. I didn't escalate the case and I gave him an opportunity to issue a refund.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I already know who the seller is and had this same thing happen to me a few months ago. My items were around $1500, and I believe he puts up items he is expecting to come in, but doesn't have in stock. After 35 days of broken promises, I opened the disputes with ebay, and he issued the refund. In the end I really just wanted my parts, but it turned out to be a huge hassle, which I found quite stressful.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I already know who the seller is and had this same thing happen to me a few months ago. My items were around $1500, and I believe he puts up items he is expecting to come in, but doesn't have in stock. After 35 days of broken promises, I opened the disputes with ebay, and he issued the refund. In the end I really just wanted my parts, but it turned out to be a huge hassle, which I found quite stressful.
Sorry to hear this. I promised not to mention his name if he resolves quickly and efficiently. If he doesn't I think people need to find out about it. So please do not try to post any names in this thread as I still respect his business.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I once bought an item for $4500 on ebay, and after the product did not show up for 2 months, I filed a dispute. eBay gives the seller a short amount of time to respond. If nothing happens then the money will be refunded. In my case the seller refunded the item. I was fortunate. Funnily enough, I then received the item about 1 month later. I paid the gentlemen again and everything went well.
Good luck!

In this case, It may be safer to simply escalate and receive a refund. Then you can start looking for the parts again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I once bought an item for $4500 on ebay, and after the product did not show up for 2 months, I filed a dispute. eBay gives the seller a short amount of time to respond. If nothing happens then the money will be refunded. In my case the seller refunded the item. I was fortunate. Funnily enough, I then received the item about 1 month later. I paid the gentlemen again and everything went well.
Good luck!
In this case, It may be safer to simply escalate and receive a refund. Then you can start looking for the parts again.
The update is : Paypal did receive his consent to refund and they are issuing it . I don't have it yet thou. I'll post when I'll get it. I'm happy you didn't loose the money. In my case it costs me 1600 dollars extra cause the body shop charges me 75 bucks a day for 2 weeks of storage plus my car rental cause insurance paid for a week only. They were kind not to charge me for the other 2 weeks on account of getting the appraisal from the adjustor and them doing the work. If the guy would have said : I don't have it and I'll ship later it would have been fine with me cause the car would be sitting in my garage without any charges. It is just a pure neglect but I still promised him not to reveal the name if we settle. I will let everybody know the outcome of the case so we'll all learn from the experience.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got refund !!!

The update is : Paypal did receive his consent to refund and they are issuing it . I don't have it yet thou. I'll post when I'll get it. I'm happy you didn't loose the money. In my case it costs me 1600 dollars extra cause the body shop charges me 75 bucks a day for 2 weeks of storage plus my car rental cause insurance paid for a week only. They were kind not to charge me for the other 2 weeks on account of getting the appraisal from the adjustor and them doing the work. If the guy would have said : I don't have it and I'll ship later it would have been fine with me cause the car would be sitting in my garage without any charges. It is just a pure neglect but I still promised him not to reveal the name if we settle. I will let everybody know the outcome of the case so we'll all learn from the experience.
I got my refund just now.( Paid on 7-26-2013) Today is 8-14-2013 noon time. I offered him to pay for the merchandise with a cashiers check if I receive it this week and it is as described by him mint condition, ready to install oem equipment. I'll post his response. If you read this here is your chance to prove yourself as a good supplier AND not the one without the " supp'' Are you ready for this challenge cause I think it would surely elevate your business image a lot.

·
Registered
380 Posts
woow you have been waiting for long time. I am also a full time seller on ebay and i know the game.
if no tracking number after 3 days i will file dispute. also do not use bank transfer to paypal nor paypal balance. you can lose your money!!!!!

here is what happened to me 7 years ago
bid a $2000 canon 5d and received a light bulb.....
working with seller after 2 weeks file a dispute with paypal and win the case.
however, that seller already pull out the money from his bank account and paypal couldnt got money back from it.
the end i never got my money back. over 7 years i still see my case is open and said paypal will try to collect money from seller....
so never use bank transfer to paypal nor paypal balance. also use CC to paypal to pay. in case you can't get money back, you can call CC company for charge back

·
Registered
559 Posts
always use CC to paypal to pay. in case you can't get money back, you can call CC company for charge back
+1 Great advice and I always do. :grinyes:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts