BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaking about 3 or 4 psi per day - I want to use the M-Mobility only in an emergency - anyone have experience with "Fix a flat" or "Slime"?

I don't trust the local tire shops here as far as scratching the rims so, I wondered if the over the counter products worked - by worked I mean that I would not have to worry about it - I never go on long trips anymore.

Thanks

·
Registered
694 Posts
I look at it this way...

"No sense in pullin the Husk off a Corn lessin youra gonna eat it..."

·
Registered
992 Posts
I had the same thing - took it to the dealer and they found a nail and fixed the leak for free!

tranck said:
Leaking about 3 or 4 psi per day - I want to use the M-Mobility only in an emergency - anyone have experience with "Fix a flat" or "Slime"?

I don't trust the local tire shops here as far as scratching the rims so, I wondered if the over the counter products worked - by worked I mean that I would not have to worry about it - I never go on long trips anymore.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
The fix a flat in a can stuff works but only for a short time and it has the same drawbacks of throwing your balance off and making a mess inside the tire. If it's convenient, take it to a good tire shop and have it fixed. you probably have a nail in it somewhere. An alternative is a good tire plug kit, but nothing is as safe or long lasting as a tire patch applied from inside the tire. Sorry, but I have no other suggestions except if you don't know of a good tire shop in your area, call, email or otherwise check out TireRack's recommended list of installers for your area. So far they have never steered me wrong.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Have the tire looked at by a professional, don't trust those small wheel shops they will probably scratch and chip your wheels:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Might also be a valve stem leak that could be easily repaired by a professional.

·
Registered
7,549 Posts
tranck said:

Thanks
tranck,

If you're up in this area, I've had great success with three places here in the Raleigh area. Kevin at MM Autowerks has a lot of experience with the M5 rims. 1st Class is more expensive, but they do a very careful and exacting job also.

MM Autowerks
Atlantic Ave Tire
1st Class Automotive

I've also heard great things about:
Hubcap Heaven in Cary, NC
and
McNair Performance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts