BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe something of an over reaction but I got home after a long tiring day of clearing out my old house to discover that some scumbag has pinched the M/// badge from my bootlid leaving behind a very sorry looking 5. Why can't people Damn well leave things alone.

·
1,938 Posts
Bastards. Sorry to hear that, mate. If it helps at all, I got a replacement (mine was removed for a bootlid respray) from bmminiparts for not very much money. About £9 I think...

Cheers,

YG

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. It's not the cost of replacing it or even the hassle. The price will pale into insignificance compared to my first quarter maintenance schedule!
It just makes me so mad that somebody thinks its ok to vandalise my car.
Oddly, just before I noticed it was missing I was thinking how nice it is that the M5 is so understated and therefore I don't have to worry about it getting keyed or vandalised. I had a 944 convertible years ago and the roof got slashed and it was keyed a couple of times too.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
This is why my car is debadged

Sorry to hear about this though. Hopefully they did not damage the paint getting it off! I have heard some rather scary stories of thieves prying off badges with crowbars or screwdrivers!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Just goes to show there are a$$holes everywhere, with no other purpose in life than
making other folks miserable.

Sorry to hear mate,
Alan

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it might be a good opportunity to go stealth. If I get another one then the same bastard will probably have that one too.
I'll check the paintwork in the daylight tomorrow. I couldn't see any damage on first inspection so fingers crossed.

·
1,938 Posts
No, I understand exactly what you mean, and it's one of the reasons that I went for an M5 instead of anything else after a mix of ostentatious cars and street sleepers...

I always thought Woking was a nice area, too...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, I understand exactly what you mean, and it's one of the reasons that I went for an M5 instead of anything else after a mix of ostentatious cars and street sleepers...

Sadly areseholes live everywhere!

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Just because thats where the car is doesnt mean thats where the thieves are from, unfortunately...

I imagine most thieves wont want to vandalize their own neighborhood, I imagine they would go to a nicer area to find nicer things to steal.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Probably just kids with nothing better to do. There is a secondary school at the end of our road and they all walk past morning and afternoon. Hundreds of budding delinquents honing their skillz!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yep, the bastards are everywhere...many years ago I had a lovely little 325i Exec 7 days old. Parked it one day near the Newport Arms hotel and went for a sail. When I came back, some prick had taken a coin and scored every single panel on the car. These brainless idiots are jealous of anything decent and malicious to-boot. If I ever found them...:viking:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
This is why my car is debadged

Sorry to hear about this though. Hopefully they did not damage the paint getting it off! I have heard some rather scary stories of thieves prying off badges with crowbars or screwdrivers!
Your car is debadged because someone stole them or you debadged your car because you were worried that someone might steal them (badges. . .badgers. . . .we don't need no stinki. . .ah nevermind. . .)?

OP - chin up - maybe the thief had this kind of karmic luck (minus the innocent children - that part kills me)
Man stabs wife then dies in car crash

1 - 13 of 13 Posts