BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've recently sold the M5 and bought a 2007 Stage 3 Roush Mustang. This was due to high maintenance costs and an opportunity on a car I couldn't refuse. I love my new car but I do miss the M5 a lot there's nothing like it.

Any way, now to the story I was driving up to Albany to visit my girlfriends family with her and the road was completely clear and I'm cruising in 5th enjoying the drive. All of the sudden an M5 was in my rear view mirror right up my ***. I quickly dropped it into 4th and moved into the slow lane, the driver pulled up next to me and we did a pull from 60 to 100ish at the start we were neck and neck but then my supercharger started screaming and i gained a pretty substantial lead probably 2 to 3 car lengths and I was still gaining but my girlfriend wasn't too happy with it. I was honestly surprised at how much of a lead I gained I have around 415 HP and 400 ft/lbs of torque.

Before anybody writes about how dangerous this was and how I endangered everyone this was very rare of me and mainly due to the fact that it was an M5. There was no cars on the road in sight, and it was a straight line.

·
Registered
232 Posts
While I'm not familiar with the Roush that much, I would imagine the M5 has a substantial amount of more weight when the two are compared?

·
Registered
245 Posts
sweet story bro...i remember my first beer. but i seriously doubt 2-3 cars from a 13.5 second mustang.

Sorry to the rest of the M5board member for the immaturity but i couldnt help myself.

P.S. i dont think roush mustang is a big maintenance saver. atleast if you want to keep it in tip top shape. congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
647 Posts
...the road was completely clear and I'm cruising in 5th enjoying the drive. All of the sudden an M5 was in my rear view mirror right up my ***. I quickly dropped it into 4th and moved into the slow lane...
There was no traffic and you were cruising in the inside lane? The inside lane (LEFT) is for passing, in case you didn't know.

·
Registered
120 Posts
sweet story bro...i remember my first beer. but i seriously doubt 2-3 cars from a 13.5 second mustang.

Sorry to the rest of the M5board member for the immaturity but i couldnt help myself.

P.S. i dont think roush mustang is a big maintenance saver. atleast if you want to keep it in tip top shape. congrats on the new car.
I feel the OP was immature for posting it, So lets move it here where people care...
Street/Strip - MustangForums.com

·
Registered
928 Posts
There was no traffic and you were cruising in the inside lane? The inside lane (LEFT) is for passing, in case you didn't know.
"Any way, now to the story I was driving up to Albany to visit my girlfriends family with her and the road was completely clear and I'm cruising in 5th enjoying the drive. All of the sudden an M5 was in my rear view mirror right up my ***. I quickly dropped it into 4th and moved into the slow lane"

There was no mention of the inside lane. He moved from the left to the right. Left is fast, right is slow.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
The board has previously concluded that there are cars faster than our beloved m5's. So your stang beat an m5, big f'n deal...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Give the guy some slack, if the road is straight&wide&clear, 100 is not a biggie and I suppose many of us would have taken the bait. Heck, people regularly drive 150+mph in the autobahns and there are still germans left after decades of doing that!

OP, as suggested, you should take it to the track to see the real performance difference. There are lots of 520-540s out there with bodykits and badges as well as ill M5s and slow drivers. Those things considered random street pulls are not really a very definite meter of performance.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Give the guy some slack, if the road is straight&wide&clear, 100 is not a biggie and I suppose many of us would have taken the bait. Heck, people regularly drive 150+mph in the autobahns and there are still germans left after decades of doing that!

OP, as suggested, you should take it to the track to see the real performance difference. There are lots of 520-540s out there with bodykits and badges as well as ill M5s and slow drivers. Those things considered random street pulls are not really a very definite meter of performance.
yea...but i wouldnt go onto the respective forum of the car i just beat and make a thread entitled "i hate to post this but....<insert car here> takedown"

if he posted it on another thread in passing it wouldnt be a big deal, most of us probably would have said good run or something along those lines. and what makes it worse is that i dont really believe that his generation roush mustang is even faster than the e39 m5.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
An immature Thread doesnt deserve an immature response.

A Ford mustang (in whatever form) is a completely different car than an M5, built for a totally different (opposite) customer and for a totally different set of roads and driving habits. If you are happy with the Ford Mustang, the M5 was never for you anyways.

Just be happy that you found what you were looking for.

On a side note, I have only "run" into 1 other M5 (E39) in my years of driving and I find it extremely questionable that you ran into one a few days after you bought your current dream car.

Hope you understand our skepticism.

Reactions: elcabron

·
Registered
123 Posts

On a side note, I have only "run" into 1 other M5 (E39) in my years of driving and I find it extremely questionable that you ran into one a few days after you bought your current dream car.

What he said

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
"Any way, now to the story I was driving up to Albany to visit my girlfriends family with her and the road was completely clear and I'm cruising in 5th enjoying the drive. All of the sudden an M5 was in my rear view mirror right up my ***. I quickly dropped it into 4th and moved into the slow lane"

There was no mention of the inside lane. He moved from the left to the right. Left is fast, right is slow.

PLEASE!!!! Most American drivers, and Almost ALL of the Southern drivers consider cruising in the Left lane their Birth right. They also believe the "Lane Change signal" is a courtesy, not required.

·
Registered
531 Posts
bro dont listen to these guys enjoy your self and use good judgement!!! Allot of hypocrites on these forums who will pretend they dont get on it from time to time

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
bro dont listen to these guys enjoy your self and use good judgement!!! Allot of hypocrites on these forums who will pretend they dont get on it from time to time

As far as "getting on it" goes, I have to agree that I have done my share of "speeding"..BUT never when there are other cars on teh road. It takes a couple of seconds to loose control. I have two kids, 7 and 8, and I woudl never put other people or their children in danger.
Want to drive fast and actually improve your skills, get on a race track. If you cant afford to get on a proper race track, then drive the car according to PUBLIC road Laws. Its basic common sense.

·
Registered
531 Posts

what in the world can you possibly base that on?!?!?! he idnt say he ran into a veyron or an enzo

1 - 20 of 62 Posts