BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys ever acknowledge the presence of another m5 or m6 on the road while your driving? like a wave or honk? I have always found the most do...

Today another e60 m5 driver right next to me, so I honk & wave & give that giddy "same club" look and got nothing back at all but a blank stare like I was nuts... it only happened one other time and it was an older woman who was probably driving her husband's car

call me crazy, but I just hate that! lol

I don't think you can be that much of a car enthusiast and not at least appreciate another M5 or M6..and in that case, why are you driving one???cherrsagai

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Do you guys ever acknowledge the presence of another m5 or m6 on the road while your driving? like a wave or honk? I have always found the most do...

Today another e60 m5 driver right next to me, so I honk & wave & give that giddy "same club" look and got nothing back at all but a blank stare like I was nuts... it only happened one other time and it was an older woman who was probably driving her husband's car

call me crazy, but I just hate that! lol

I don't think you can be that much of a car enthusiast and not at least appreciate another M5 or M6..and in that case, why are you driving one???cherrsagai
happened to me last week!!! I saw a black M5 coming towards me in the opposite direction...I start high beaming him (its around noon time) when he get next to me he looks at me like im nuts :grrrrr:

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
don't forget about..

what do you drive?
a bmw.
what kind?
a sedan.
what kind of sedan?
uh.. well... uhh :confused:

yeah.. those people who must never look at the back of their cars or think very hard about their purchase.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I got acknowledge by cutting me off from far right to far left lane making left turn. I saw him at least 5-6times in my neighborhood and never once get his attention as YET (with high beam, honk, window roll-down, etc)

Got to say his car looks sick though. AW with 20" BBS LM DB Japanese Variant (red cap) with Meisterschaft w/carbon tip.

·
Registered
140 Posts
don't forget about..

what do you drive?
a bmw.
what kind?
a sedan.
what kind of sedan?
uh.. well... uhh :confused:

yeah.. those people who must never look at the back of their cars or think very hard about their purchase.

Hehehe, they just go in the dealer and ask for the best BMW, and they get a M5. Obviously no idea what the hell it is.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
they don't deserve to be part of the M family

·
Registered
613 Posts
they don't deserve to be part of the M family

True. Shoot, they can buy a 550i and the dealer can charge them an extra $30k so they feel like they invested enough.

a0

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
They must have been on of those BMW GEEKS....

·
Registered
27 Posts
How about this, I was driving home on the highway in some mild traffic, I see a silver gray M5 in front of me, so I catch up with it look over to admire, he rolls down his window so I roll mine down thinking we well give each other a nice :thumbsup: and he tells me
"Thats a hideous color"
Have to say that left me speechless, maybe hes upset that someone half his age can afford the car or what I dunno, but personally I wouldnt call Interlagos blue hideous, maybe not everyones first choice, but it was one of the two colors for the promo materials for a good reason I imagine.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yeah, it's happeded to me as well. Conversely, I have passed many 5 Series guys and most turn and look, some speed up and follow for a while, and many give the thumbs up.

·
Registered
994 Posts
How about this, I was driving home on the highway in some mild traffic, I see a silver gray M5 in front of me, so I catch up with it look over to admire, he rolls down his window so I roll mine down thinking we well give each other a nice :thumbsup: and he tells me
"Thats a hideous color"
Have to say that left me speechless, maybe hes upset that someone half his age can afford the car or what I dunno, but personally I wouldnt call Interlagos blue hideous, maybe not everyones first choice, but it was one of the two colors for the promo materials for a good reason I imagine.
Are you serious? What a tool. That's disgusting. Interlagos Blue is an awesome color, I've never heard a bad word about it and seriosly considered it. I'm with you on your ageism theory.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Hence the reason why BMW drivers were known as poseurs back 20 years ago. Those "poseurs" have grown up into the M5, but are still yuppie-pink-sweater-tied-around-the-neck poseurs!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
"Thats a hideous color"
You should tell him "I rolled down my window to tell you 'That's a HIDEOUS FACE you got there!' "

·
Registered
165 Posts
Those guys who don't acknowledge are not true M enthusiasts and have very little knowledge about M brand. Just my experience

·
Registered
165 Posts
"Thats a hideous color"
What a tool!!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I love getting and giving love the the community whenever possible! Dap.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Keep in mind that I live in the sticks so if I saw another M5 I'd probably put mine in the ditch right after I wrenched my neck doing a double-take!!:eek:oohhh::woowoo::M5thumbs::M5launch:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts