BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home after dropping off my mates on friday night about 2 am. I'd had a night out in colchester and it was my turn to drive( I seem to gets lots of turns to drive.....wonder why?) I was taking it easy because the weather wasnt too good, plenty of sleet about, when I came up behind an 03 silver mitsubishi evo 8 on the a12. He was poodling along at 65mph so I overtook him, I was only doing about 70 and pulled in front of him..........next thing I know he was sitting right next to me. I figured he wanted to play, he kept egging me on pulling away then dropping back, I was reluctant to take the challenge but as the roads were fairly straight, I thought I'd "have a go" he floored it before me and was gunning away,I dropped a couple of cogs and booted it, it took a few seconds before I caught him but once we hit 130 I was flying by him.
I wasnt happy with that so I slowed for another go, I wanted to gun it the same time as him. We sat side by side, I was in third at 70 ready for him, I could hear him boot it with his dustbin sized exhaust and floored it straight away, his accelleration was good and he was pulling on me(just) until I hit fourth then I just blew him away and by the time I hit 150 I was at least 4 car lenghts in front him.
Happy with victory it made me wander about how good the turbo's are that those evo's have......................should I have pulled on him straight away?

·
Registered
944 Posts
hi
nice one fella,i raced my mates evo 8 fq 340 and from a 30-130 roll we were dead even and my m5 is stock ,from a standing start those things are just to quick but the 4wd system ruins the top end power because on paper the fq 340 should be faster with 1400 kg 340 bhp and 310 ftlb ,i dont think you should be able pull away from an fq 300 until the over 120 in a stock e39m5.

:cheers:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi
nice one fella,i raced my mates evo 8 fq 340 and from a 30-130 roll we were dead even and my m5 is stock ,from a standing start those things are just to quick but the 4wd system ruins the top end power because on paper the fq 340 should be faster with 1400 kg 340 bhp and 310 ftlb ,i dont think you should be able pull away from an fq 300 until the over 120 in a stock e39m5.

:cheers:
Hi, you are right about evo's being extremely quick! I think I only got so far in front of him because he gave up once I went past him, he must have done for me to get that far in front. Mine is fairly quick, I know its been chipped.............but what chip I dont know, Faz said when he worked on it that its a very quick e39, really strong engine.
I've always wanted to race an evo, a friend of mine had one and I always wanted to pitch them against each other unfortunately I never got the chance. A standing start would be great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts