BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was in some training that lasted 21 days, jumped in the M5 for the trek back home. I dunno if i just forgot how much power these cars have or it was an oversite on my part but when i got on it to hard pulling from the on ramp to the interstate and pretty much just lost it. I lost traction in the rearend pulled a 720 double spin into the highway at 60 MPH and about ate it big time.

I was able to keep it in the right direction never stopped. Needless to say. I wont be doing anything more than just puttering until it warms up here. frozen concrete highways, and cold tires are just not so much fun unless you want it to be.

On the face saving part one of my friends that was behind me from work thought it was the coolest thing he had seen and I had done it on purpose. Yes my sphincter was quite tight the rest of the way home.

for those that will say other wise. This was not intentional and I dont stunt on open roads. ??????

Otherwise I had to share this with someone.

·
Registered
1995 BMW M5 Touring Individual Orinoco over Petrol Mint
617 Posts
Nice one! What tires do you have on? Was there ice on the road?
I run summer tires year round since I don't drive the car on the snow and hardly in the rain.
On cold days summer tires hardly get up to temp. It's much like warming up race tires on a cold day,
it takes a good two to three laps and that's on a track!

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Good skills .........

At least you never wrecked her !

The odd Ring Twitching moment can make you appreciate life !

D

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Main thing is that you and the car are both intact.

Its not often you get to live and learn without consequence so count yourself lucky!!

Jon

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nice one! What tires do you have on? Was there ice on the road?
I run summer tires year round since I don't drive the car on the snow and hardly in the rain.
On cold days summer tires hardly get up to temp. It's much like warming up race tires on a cold day,
it takes a good two to three laps and that's on a track!

I am using BFGoodrich KDW2's right now. When the temps are not below 0C they are so amazing stick like glue to the road. However we have been way below freezing here for 4 weeks and the car has been sitting for 19 days or so so the tires were good as froze.

Dave the look on the koreans face as I slid sideways past him at highway speed was priceless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts