BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
I just picked up a 2010 with 5500 miles for $75k..... original sticker was $101k. great deals to be had on 2010's right now!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the purpose of this thread, to keep everyone informed.

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
93 Posts
I really wanted a 2010 used due to the new hard drive based iDrive but when i found price gap between 2008 and 2010. it didn't make sense.. my 2008 CPO, with 15k miles, full leather, blah blah with 6 speed, brand new tires was $53k... $20k+ for 2 years newer didnt make sense to me.

·
Banned
378 Posts
I really wanted a 2010 used due to the new hard drive based iDrive but when i found price gap between 2008 and 2010. it didn't make sense.. my 2008 CPO, with 15k miles, full leather, blah blah with 6 speed, brand new tires was $53k... $20k+ for 2 years newer didnt make sense to me.
It's only $1.16 more per hour everyday for 2 years to get the 2010 M5 if you wanted. . . .

or

$0.47 per day on a 5 year loan...

if you pay the car off early on the 5 year loan its even cheaper. . .
:flag:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You can upgrade to the 2010 HDD navi for under $2k. If you're interested, PM b/c I'm in the process of doing mine and it doesn't have to cost $4-5k.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
$70k is highly discounted for a 2010, but I'd rather have a lower mileage 09 for about the same...even though it does not have the new Nav. Also, if one wanted the new Nav on an 09, it would be cheaper to install, because the 09 already has the new iDrive controller.

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hey Avi8tir,

I think I seen your new beast at Trinity Autosport yesterday. She is a white beauty!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
You can upgrade to the 2010 HDD navi for under $2k. If you're interested, PM b/c I'm in the process of doing mine and it doesn't have to cost $4-5k.
JT///M5

Sorry to hijack this thread. I would be very interested if you would share how you can do the upgrade for less than $2k. I can almost PM but email will have to do for now, if you could get in touch I would really like to chat about this upgrade. [email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hey Avi8tir,

I think I seen your new beast at Trinity Autosport yesterday. She is a white beauty!!
Yep, that was it. Thanks!

Decided to go white so Id have a set of twins!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
2010 BMW M5, $72,988 - Cars.com

Here is another 2010 that I just found....$72k and 10k miles. Not too bad...

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
2010 BMW M5, $72,988 - Cars.com

Here is another 2010 that I just found....$72k and 10k miles. Not too bad...

afc1
If you read the ad he traded in it for a Lexus. He obviously bought the wrong car to begin with if he's now driving a Lexus.

So these recent 2010 M5 sellers who trade their cars in at the dealer, what are they getting? 65K-68K?

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
If you read the ad he traded in it for a Lexus. He obviously bought the wrong car to begin with if he's now driving a Lexus.

So these recent 2010 M5 sellers who trade their cars in at the dealer, what are they getting? 65K-68K?
Yeah probably something like that. Crazy that 10k miles can knock nearly $40k off the car's value when you trade it in in a year. On another note, this car was probably driven pretty conservatively if the previous owner sold it for a Lexus. A good car to consider if one is dead set on a 2010.

afc1

·
Registered
329 Posts
I appreciate this thread as I like to be well informed.
In my view, an M5 with ~15K miles per year will depreciate ~ 25K on year 1.
If it's a high mile car over 20K; year 1 depreciation will nearly equal 1.2 x the milage.
25K miles depreciated ~25K so $100K - $30K = ~$70 +/-

1 - 16 of 16 Posts