BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received the following email from my dealer:

Dear Mr Ashok,

BMW Group AG, as we, is apologizing for the delay due to the oil pomps.

BMW claims a 100% insurance of the manufacturer of the parts and that's why there's a long delay.

For now the information I have is delivery by the week of 26 august.

Once I get more information, I let you know.

Regards

:crying: grrrrrrr :confused2

·
Registered
962 Posts
Is that your furious typing leading to the typo's or BMW showing the same attention to detail as they did the oil pomp selection ? :p

chin up mate, we'll try and have a laugh about it on Sunday :thumbsup:

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Look at the bright side- they are taking the steps to make sure the cars that come out are as trouble free as possible. Imagine your getting the car now only to have it in the shop.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I am sure it sucks from the standpoint of having to wait, but look at it from this side of the pond... you will get your car long before anyone here will. I also would be fine with waiting for a car that had the first big problem resolved.

Has anyone heard anything more on this rumored trans problem? There have been several mentions of it, but all that seems to be confirmed by dealers is oil pumps.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I feel very sorry for you! It´s a big frustration to have to wait even longer for your car.

Is there a problem with the transmissions? I haven´t heard anything about that!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Interesting, they are delivering the first customer cars here at the moment

I know 2 guys picking up their respective cars Saterday morning

No word about delays here

Wonder why :confused:

·
Registered
218 Posts
BMW AG and BMW GB communication is very poor. Seems some places are getting news and some not [good or bad]. I am furious as well for continual lack of information.

Separately, I do think BMW squality standards have lapsed in the last couple of years. When the CSL were delivered to the UK, only when they arrived BMW GB realised that xenon lights/washers were not fitted so were delayed for retrofitting. The guys at the factory didn't check ! What kind of QA is this for a multinational ?

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Don't know about delays, guys, but they don't seem to have affected me... My car has arrived in the UK and should be ready for me by (fingers and toes crossed!) next Friday!!! :1:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Filthy Monkey said:
Don't know about delays, guys, but they don't seem to have affected me... My car has arrived in the UK and should be ready for me by (fingers and toes crossed!) next Friday!!! :1:
Great news that it in UK already - can you tell me when your BMW dealer tell you the date of car pickup originally ?

Cheers.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pamilih said:
Is this the same dealer in Belgium? Are you getting a LHD again?
Yes and yes.

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
360bhp said:
Great news that it in UK already - can you tell me when your BMW dealer tell you the date of car pickup originally ?

Cheers.
I've been following the progress for quite a few months now. I've known for about the past five or six months that it was due sometime towards the middle of July and since I specced it we have been watching it on a weekly basis to see the status changing and the dates became less of a moving target. I have a very good relationship with my dealer and they have always been very good at estimating when I will get my cars...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Filthy Monkey said:
I've been following the progress for quite a few months now. I've known for about the past five or six months that it was due sometime towards the middle of July and since I specced it we have been watching it on a weekly basis to see the status changing and the dates became less of a moving target. I have a very good relationship with my dealer and they have always been very good at estimating when I will get my cars...
Called my dealer. My car is in transit and should be at Thorne distribution centre, UK on Monday. Fingers cross now....

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
360bhp said:
Called my dealer. My car is in transit and should be at Thorne distribution centre, UK on Monday. Fingers cross now....
Excellent! Hope it gets there... I'm hoping to pick mine up on Friday. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a car!!!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hope you can come to our next meet - I should have mine by then :rolleyes:

·
Registered
298 Posts
hello guys, iam a new member here :byee55amg,
i have the same problem, i was supposed to get my M6 in mid July, but a week ago recieved a phone call from my dealer to inform me about the delay untill mid August. however, better now than getting it with bugs.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome Hadi :byee55amg

Do you have many M cars in Syria?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also in Belgium, different dealer.
I seem to be in the same situation - I ordered my M5 last August, expecting delivery in February, then it got pushed into June, and now I got the message athat it will arrive end of August, The latest excuse indeed seems to be the oil pump.
I am planning to send BMW a 1 year order anniversary present in August

1 - 20 of 24 Posts